Headlight setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
85_SS, where did you get the harness and the housings? I love the way your h4 setup looks. I really like the lenses.

I got the housing with the halo from prostreetlighting.com, the HID were from ebay, prostreethas hid also but there exspensive

I doubt you will ever go back to the halogen or plasma after using the HID lights....you might want to take a look at Hella lenses instead of those clear lenses where the chrome starts to deteriorate after a few months and the Hella light has a nice patterned beam unlike the clear lenses.[/quote]

The beam pattern isn't bad at all, that was just the glare i got from using a camera phone, I'll keep those since i like the blue halos...what do you call a square halo?

85montess said:
85_SS, where did you get the harness and the housings? I love the way your h4 setup looks. I really like the lenses.

The housings I bought at a local parts store. Basically the same as the ones on ebay, but without the little blue "city light", which I didn't want. I got the harness off ebay, but here's an identical one at summit:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

I replaced the cheap chinese relays with Bosch units.

monte olrac said:
The beam pattern isn't bad at all, that was just the glare i got from using a camera phone, I'll keep those since i like the blue halos...what do you call a square halo?

I used the clear lenses for a quite a while and got tired of changing them dues to the chrome reflective surface deteriorating. The Hella lenses are $73 a piece so it took me a while to talk myself into buying a set. The price was worth every penny. I can point the light much further down the road without bothering oncoming traffic or the car in front of me.

Sorry for the dumb question, but..... Is the term housing and lense being used interchangably in this thread?

:?

From my understanding the housing is the actual headlight itself; the metal back and all that. The lens is the glass piece in front the the light actually projects out of. So, I guess not lol.

And there are no dumb questions

85montess said:

Whew! I guess I will ask then... Why do they call it cottage cheese if it is not made in a cottage?

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
85montess said:

Whew! I guess I will ask then... Why do they call it cottage cheese if it is not made in a cottage?

but it was...

From Wikipedia
"The term "cottage cheese" is believed to have originated because the simple cheese was usually made in cottages from any milk leftover after making butter. The term was first used in 1848."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor