Headlight Upgrade???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Are there direct fit/plug in replacement upgrades now available for our G-Body cars??? I have seen some of the "plug and Play" deals on E-Bay..... 8)

wondering the same thing...

and something that actually works well lol...a friend of mine bought some aftermarket headlights for his S10 blazer..looks cool cause when the lights are on they're blue but you can't see sh*t at night..not something I would want

the hid's are plug and play. If you do go that route I'd suggest to get some quality lenses. Those clear lenses don't give a pattern beam and you have to point them down so you don't blind other drivers. Plus they fill with water in a storm and the chrome plating will pit and peel in a few months. The lenses were the most expensive part of my upgrade after I realised the junk lenses are a waste of money. I used Hella conversion lenses which were about $65 each. I the bi-xenon for the hi/lo and single xenon for the hi beams and I use the 6000 bulbs.

I bought my hid convertion off ebay I have a couple of pics in my pic gallery of what it looks like with a regular bulb and an hid bulb they are bright I bought the headlights,hid 6000k kit,wire adapters and relay kit the only mod I had to do is cut a bigger hole in the headlights bezel to fit the lens in but other then that its awesome and I adjusted the headlights to the height they need to be I'm not worrying about who is going blind if that was the case I would not have bought them but I didn't think they would be as bright as they are lol.

This one pic.

Attachments

• normal_my_monte_17.jpg
    normal_my_monte_17.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,240
85montanezSS reminded me of something, with the lowered priced conversion lites I also had to open the back of the lite bucket but the Hella's fit without any modification to the lite bucket required

pontiacgp said:
85montanezSS reminded me of something, with the lowered priced conversion lites I also had to open the back of the lite bucket but the Hella's fit without any modification to the lite bucket required
You got a link to those or where can I get them?

I got mine at the local speed shop I deal with...

Here is one place..I have the H4 for the hi/lo and the H1 for the hi. The H1 lens has an adapter in place of the H4 bulb so I removed the adapter and just crimped the wall to keep the lite in place. I found the H1 has a better pattern for the hi beam. I bought the units with the two halogen lites cause it includes the two dust boots.

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4253

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4069

http://www.rallylights.com/SearchResult ... goryID=364

I have the chrome diamond projector headlights $25 for a pair and i have no issues with them.The Hella are nice if you want the stock look but i didnt im happy with the projector ones.

Attachments

• my headlights.jpg
    my headlights.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 2,122
Those lenses for $25 are not even worth the price. The silver coating doesn't last, the lenses are not sealed correctly and may fill up with water if driving in a rain storm. Plus those lites do not fit in the bucket properly and besides having to trim the headlite bucket you have to shim the corners of the lite or they rattle around in the bucket. The hella lens fit snugly in the bucket which you do not have to trim. I have used those cheap lenses and they are, with all due respect, chinese junk..

The hella lenses are well made and give you a pattern that lets you see further down the road without blinding other drivers. Also I have heard that the police in this area have ticketed cars with those aftemarket lenses cause of the lack of beam they throw unlike the hella lites

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor