Health issue

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Three Quarters of a Million Dollars Plus!!!? I'll say for sure be glad that you have insurance!! Up here in the land of the currently not so frozen chosen, when you get your paycheck there is a deduction for something called OHIP which is the Provincial(State) Health Care package. I've had heart surgery, 19 years ago in fact now that I think about it, and it all got paid for out of my taxes one way or another. I did manage to hang on to my private insurance as well; that is actually a deduction for me come tax time. AS for the chipped tooth, yup that too, about sixty years ago. Dentist didn't even touch it, just took a dremel tool to its mate to make them look more alike!!

Anyway, sit back, relax, make the doctor happy by healing up and following all his orders, and it will heal. Who knows? That stone might decide to exit the premises all on its own.

Nick

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
He's the .8 million dollar man and I'll bet he can't even run faster

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Three Quarters of a Million Dollars Plus!!!? I'll say for sure be glad that you have insurance!! Up here in the land of the currently not so frozen chosen, when you get your paycheck there is a deduction for something called OHIP which is the Provincial(State) Health Care package. I've had heart surgery, 19 years ago in fact now that I think about it, and it all got paid for out of my taxes one way or another. I did manage to hang on to my private insurance as well; that is actually a deduction for me come tax time. AS for the chipped tooth, yup that too, about sixty years ago. Dentist didn't even touch it, just took a dremel tool to its mate to make them look more alike!!

Anyway, sit back, relax, make the doctor happy by healing up and following all his orders, and it will heal. Who knows? That stone might decide to exit the premises all on its own.

Nick
How is the health care system in Canada ? Ive heard stories where people couldnt get stuff approved. My BIL keeps saying we should have it here but I dont know anything about it.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That might be the next surgery. Both knees are bone on bone. I couldnt run if my butt was on fire.
That's gonna be tough. I know they say you do one knee at a time for rehab purposes. Seen and talked to tons of implantees during all my years worth of PT visits. They move you up through faster walking speeds into jogging along with the weight training. Not sure how that would work if the other was bad and would interfere with the PT. If it's bad enough maybe they'd do it as a double.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
That's gonna be tough. I know they say you do one knee at a time for rehab purposes. Seen and talked to tons of implantees during all my years worth of PT visits. They move you up through faster walking speeds into jogging along with the weight training. Not sure how that would work if the other was bad and would interfere with the PT. If it's bad enough maybe they'd do it as a double.
My wife got both of hers done on the same day. She told the surgeon if one really hurt she might not have the guts to do the other so do them together. Shes an RN. He did what she asked. Still cant run though.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Fast comparison? You can get work done sooner and faster than we can. For us the wait time can be brutal. Have a cousin waiting on radiation therapy for a cancer problem. The clinic keeps putting him off; won 't assign an appointment The problem might be lack of the proper isotopes but my guess is that they'll blame the supply chain. The trade-off is cost. Faster and sooner come with a heavier price tag. Have heard horror stories of patients barely out of surgery and still in recovery and waking up to find a clerk leaning over them and wanting to know how the will be paying for their stay, or not being discharged until someone shows up to guarantee that the bill will be taken care of.

Up here, the last time I landed in the hospital, I drove myself to emerg, parked my S-10 in the emerg lot, walked up the stairs to the emerg walk in entrance went through triage, barely got to sit back down and along came a nurse with a wheel chair. Polite but determined, insisted that I ride when i wanted to walk. Less than 24 hrs later I had a pacemaker. The triage nurse couldn't figure out why I hadn't passed out; they couldn't get a reading on the cuff at the high end. Me? Felt fine. The cost?? All paid for by the taxes that I pay. Only thing i had to cover was the cost of the parking fee. A fast 5 bucks for two days +/-. Thing here is that even seniors continue to pay taxes. You get your pension, but that is classified as income so you pay tax on it. Sort of like a fiduciary revolving credit plan.

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Thing here is that even seniors continue to pay taxes. You get your pension, but that is classified as income so you pay tax on it. Sort of like a fiduciary revolving credit plan.

Nick
no different than here in the States. if you're lucky enough you'll get to pay retirement tax on your pension and social security to the state you live in.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor