Help !!! 4.3 to v8 swap fuel pump problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Ok guys so finally dropped the 350 in my Monte Carlo eliminated the computer and harness (v6 4.3 tbi) now I'm trying to fire it up but fuel pump is not kicking over do I have to re wire the fuel pump? Where is the fuse located ? I have no pressure coming to the gauge and no fuel shooting out when I pull the hose. Really need to fire this engine up already

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
Ok guys so finally dropped the 350 in my Monte Carlo eliminated the computer and harness (v6 4.3 tbi) now I'm trying to fire it up but fuel pump is not kicking over do I have to re wire the fuel pump? Where is the fuse located ? I have no pressure coming to the gauge and no fuel shooting out when I pull the hose. Really need to fire this engine up already
More information would be help full at best. The fuel pump you talk about is it a intank or a after market pump that goes in the fuel line from the tank to what ever.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
More information would be help full at best. The fuel pump you talk about is it a intank or a after market pump that goes in the fuel line from the tank to what ever.
So the fuel pump is the stock intank pump all the wiring has been eliminated from the ecm I have no relay or anything to send power to the pump only harness I have is the one on the fender and I clipped off all the connections that I didn't think I needed hooked up starter alternator and distributor

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Go to your local parts store and pick up a bosch relay number 0-332-019-150 (or equivalent.) Wire it like this:
Terminal 30 - fused power from battery (25A, 14ga wire minimum)
Terminal 85 - Ground
Terminal 86 - Key on power (fused 10A)
Terminal 87 - Fuel pump positive
Terminal 87 - Not used

There are 2 terminals labelled 87, you only need to use one. Typically the 87 terminal in the center of the relay will be unused. It's a good idea to get a harness that fits this relay, less chance of shorting things out.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Damn sounds complicated !! Where would I get the harness so that I don't short anything? And the fuel pump positive where do I locate it since I don't have the ecm? do I run a wire all the way back to pump?

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Go to your local parts store and pick up a bosch relay number 0-332-019-150 (or equivalent.) Wire it like this:
Terminal 30 - fused power from battery (25A, 14ga wire minimum)
Terminal 85 - Ground
Terminal 86 - Key on power (fused 10A)
Terminal 87 - Fuel pump positive
Terminal 87 - Not used

There are 2 terminals labelled 87, you only need to use one. Typically the 87 terminal in the center of the relay will be unused. It's a good idea to get a harness that fits this relay, less chance of shorting things out.
I can't find it on the autozone website

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor