HELP- Hard Staring

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I ended up being able to fix the problem: It is a reman qjet from mountain man carbs, but the issue was entirely human error, and I felt pretty dumb after realizing it. The carb I had on the car before this would leak all the gas out of the carb while sitting, so you would have to pump the gas a few times to get it to start. I kept this habit when I went to the new one. Once it started getting harder and harder to start, I kept giving it more and more gas, thinking it was a lean issue, not realizing I was just super flooding the engine :blam::doh:

It's nice of you to come back to let us know, you are not the first one to get into a habit to deal with an issue and forget to lose the habit when the issue is resolved....

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'd change your oil after dumping all that extra gas in it. Just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor