HELP major carb issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
its just a backyard way of doing it.

it's actually a very accurate way of getting the timing set as advanced as possible......but I guess you'd rather have a lite tell you what to set your timing at so good luck to you...

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
pontiacgp said:

it's actually a very accurate way of getting the timing set as advanced as possible......but I guess you'd rather have a lite tell you what to set your timing at so good luck to you...

well i have a 9.5 second Malibu 11.90 (full steel) 72 chevelle and a low 12 second monte SS DAILY DRIVER, so it seems to be working for me. Hows your way working?

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
pontiacgp said:

It's not accurate at all. You cannot hear detonation until it's severe. Mild detonation can be catostrophic to the engine, and you can't even hear it.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
87MonteSS said:
pontiacgp said:

It's not accurate at all. You cannot hear detonation until it's severe. Mild detonation can be catostrophic to the engine, and you can't even hear it.

Thank you. finally someone that knows what they're talking about..

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
pontiacgp said:
Mild detonation can be catostrophic to the engine, and you can't even hear it.

a mild ping could possibly be after a hundred thousand miles or so.... :roll:

It may make take 100,000 miles in your 180hp 305 but in a 600+ hp 383 stroker.....................

you just don't get it.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
pontiacgp said:
you just don't get it.

I get it just fine.....and you can keep on doing just whatever it is you do...

Even believing what you do, please explain to us how even a mild ping is going to be a benefit to the engine.

Perhaps you don't fully understand what pinging (detonation) is? Not being rude, asking honestly.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
you guys sure do ramble alot you all lost me after like the second post. then you all started arrguing with each other. i will just continue to sit back and watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor