help please; can't get muncie to shift into 4th gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elky-to-go

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2008
Fitchburg,MA.
Hi My son and I just finished the auto to 4spd muncie swap on his 79 elky; on first test car on lift; all gears shifted good; went on road test and wasn't able to get it into 4th gear (grinds) came back put it back up onlift backed out hurst shift stop; tried on lift again ok; went out on road test, but still won't go in 4th? any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks John sr. & jr

elky-to-go

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2008
Fitchburg,MA.
can't get into 4th gear

Hi someone said they had similar problem; and added Lucas trans additive and problem went away? anyone heard of this working? thanks Johns'

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
There is supposed to be an alignment hole on the shifter that a nail will pass through when everything is in proper alignment. I have never played with a trans without an internal rail shifter, so I am not speaking from experience, just something I read about 10-15 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor