Rear main seal 🤦🏽‍♂️ help please

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
And the reason why I’m upset and say I been getting scammed is because ever since I got this car these so called mechanics have been trying to over charge me so I say scammed! I feel like this guy knew that it was the rear main but wanted to make some money today so he did not say anything til after he was done. 🤦🏽‍♂️ if I would have knew that in the beginning I wouldnt have waisted my time or Money with the dam valve cover gaskets.

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
Is the PCV system working properly. Excessive blow by or a sealed system will leak oil, somewhere.
I have no idea brother, Ima chill out with messing with this car for awhile. I need to find a good shop for it to go to. Good honest people that know how to work on old cars an not trying to get Rich off of screw and bolts man 🤦🏽‍♂️

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
One thing you can do ( if you’re so inclined) they make a additive you can put in the oil ( one for the cooling system too just for an FYI). clean the motor and add it in run it and use a black light to see where the oil is coming from. Depending on age and mileage all seals need help. Cleaning and looking like has been said, it may be something easy or more than you can do yourself repair.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Pick up a Motors Manual that covers your year car at a swap meet. $25-$30 and worth the cost. Also ask the parts store guys who works on older cars or is a good GM car guy. Couple stores and same name pops up…

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Also check the oil sending unit. It is located at the top of the block behind the distributor. It could be dripping down the back of the engine.
On an Olds V8 it is on the front drivers side in front of the intake beside the casting number.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor