Rear main seal 🤦🏽‍♂️ help please

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
If you're referring to the color, then the color that I had ordered was Claret. If you're referring to the structure, yes that is what you'll get...hopefully sooner rather than later. Due to the cost, you will know when OPGI is ready to ship it to you because they'll send a confirmation email asking if you still want it.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If you're referring to the color, then the color that I had ordered was Claret. If you're referring to the structure, yes that is what you'll get...hopefully sooner rather than later. Due to the cost, you will know when OPGI is ready to ship it to you because they'll send a confirmation email asking if you still want it.
Now I'll have to ask you a question on this. How many times did they change the expected arrival date before actually shipping it? Mine has changed more than most change their underwear & now no date on any color. When I ordered minw it was suppose to be ready before the end of September.

And...
:hijack:

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
"Leak is coming down"??? Yup, happens every time you have gravity. Clean everything up, run it and look and see where the highest point you see oil coming out is. you can use a mirror or dye and black light to pinpoint the source. With a small leak, I'd try using Lucas stop leak. Out of all the chems I've tried over the years, it seems to be fairly good and does no damage to other internals. If it's leaking from an aged "dry" seal, it should help a lot. Give it some time though. It's not instant.
As a retired GM technician, I can say that the most common place to leak on an Olds engine is the intake manifold gasket, especially now that you say you also have a coolant leak. It will run right down the back of the engine and come out of the inspection cover. Pressure test the cooling system. If your mechanic is under age 50, he's probably never even seen an Olds engine, let alone worked on one. They haven't been made since 1990.

Reactions: 2 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Hey Trapboss..., did any of this help?

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, bump, bump, smack!

About a year ago I went to Fort Sill, and when done tried to connect with another member having all kinds of trouble. So after a 14 hour drive and a day doing army stuff he won't even answer his phone, yet next week he is posting again about stuff easy to fix when I was there if he would have answered his phone.

Not that I'm above taking a road trip to help, but is your car still leaking????

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor