HELP Power brake to manual conversions? Master cyl. adaptor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLPARTS36

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2008
:roll: Who knows of the cheapest and most efficient way/adapter/convert the Power Brakes on my 85' GP,to a manual for drag race application?I need to remove the power brake booster and possible a new master cylinder. I found one by TZRMOTORSPORTS, but its a little much for a small adapter plate,there has to be a less expensive way than there''s.Anyone who any info PLEASE feel free to share with me your way.Thanks,
jts

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio

ALLPARTS36

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2008
LOOKS GOOD to me! Thanks for the Brake Info...

Dan,
Thanks for the info,this seems like what I will do.Effective and in the right price range.Others were making it out to be more than it was.I knew there was other ways to accomplish this with out wasting money.
Thanks,
jts

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
You should check for some swapmeets, or ebay, for the manual master cylinder. (might get lucky)

YOu could try and get an older manual master cylinder for a older car. but the newer manual units are more powerful then the old stock manual units

You deffinitly dont want to use your stock master cylinder, because they are ment to have the power booster to push them, without the booster you wont have pressure needed at the brakes.

IMO ditch the stock proportioning valve, and replace it with 2 adjustable valves (1 for the front line, 1 for the rear)

ALLPARTS36

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2008
Using the Proportioning Valve....New manual Master...

TBRtat2,
Good idea on the proportioning valve,I think my dad has one that he took out of his race car for some reason,thanks for reminding me about it,I will grab it this week.That is a very good suggestion.I will definitely get a new master cylinder as these are pretty cheap for at local auto parts store and I don't want to go CHEAP,just less expensive route.The way that the link shows above in thread is a simple yet effective approach to get mine done this way.I don't like to spend money when I just know there is a less expensive way to get it done and not having to compromise any safety issues.Thanks
jts

TBRtat2 said:
You should check for some swapmeets, or ebay, for the manual master cylinder. (might get lucky)

YOu could try and get an older manual master cylinder for a older car. but the newer manual units are more powerful then the old stock manual units

You deffinitly dont want to use your stock master cylinder, because they are ment to have the power booster to push them, without the booster you wont have pressure needed at the brakes.

IMO ditch the stock proportioning valve, and replace it with 2 adjustable valves (1 for the front line, 1 for the rear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor