Help... Power steering turn by itself and makes pump stall

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
On the racks used in late models the lines being hooked up backwards will do the same thing.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You can substitute a grade 8 to match. Can't remember the thread pitch. Best option is to shop at the boneyard. Bring the skinny one and use is as your ruler.

That skinny, rotted little b*tch is still available from GM based on what info I have. No guarantees to anything I say here, though.

Both threads: 7/16" x 14

The short bolt. 4-5/8" long. GM part number 15590234. Shows a list price of $3.94 for the bolt from GM.

If you want to pay about double that, you can get one off fleabay today.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=15590234&_sacat=0

The long bolt. 5.25" long. GM part number 9430763.

Don't lose those washers. They're cut to ensure maximum contact. Hard to explain, but if you see them installed, you'll know it due to the curve of the frame.

Those long bolts were NOT cheap even when available from the dealership. I think I paid around $23 EACH with my discount for the long bolts from the dealership. I guess anything over 5" and they'll bend you over and make it feel like 12". :)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor