Help with 3 wire cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lines-

25031426-non-delay-lever-original-style-jpg.109710

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost. I was hoping to use the 83 and earlier NOS stalk with my 4 wire aftermarket cruise kit. For simplicity’s sake, I think I need to just find a newer style 4 wire stalk.

It’s amazing the knowledge and support present on this forum!!
That sounds like a plan. So, you need that Rostra box to duplicate the BCM....interesting. I thought E38 was a BMW? 🤔

That sounds like a plan. So, you need that Rostra box to duplicate the BCM....interesting. I thought E38 was a BMW? 🤔
Looking at their website, Rostra has a number of modern features that act as a BCM lite and are PnP or almost-PnP into older vehicles with modern powertrains. They definitely don’t market it well though to the resto crowd.

Ain’t no engineering like German engineering, BMW ECM FTW!

So I bought the Rostra part, the paperwork with it says it was manufactured in May 1990.

I’ll be damned if it isn’t a factory GM stalk with an adapter on it. They look the same right down to the tooling marks and parting lines.

472620C6-D516-48B3-89CC-24E3EB2C49AA.jpeg

The wire colors are even in the proper order to boot!

C85B9E2C-445E-40CE-B0DA-E67076E954DB.jpeg

Does it say "Assembled in Mexico" on the back of the push paddle? If it does, then it's a good sign it is a GM part. It does appear to be otherwise. Most of the time, the non-GM fonts aren't exactly the same. This one appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor