Help with Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelbywh89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2016
that master cylinder is notorious for being bad rite outta the box and bleeding issues.due to the angle it attaches to a booster it's pretty steep as in jacking up the back to level out the fluid level in both halves and screw the cap back down.have you thought about replacing the prop valve with a disc/disc one?i switched to four wheel disk and used one and have zero rear brake lock up issues.i also installed an adjustable one early on and it's not needed with the disc/disc combo valve.
Hey, I have a disc/disc combo valve, I think im gonna change the master and go with new rear calipers.

Shelbywh89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2016
Well I found this Wilwood 140-12099-R D154 Front Caliper Kit, 1.62 Piston/1.04 Rotor
For $375

Dave said

Wilwood GM Metric Series Brake Calipers 120-9333. 2.00 Piston (need to find rotor size)
Set is $150ish

Wilwood Aluminum Tandem Master Cylinders 260-8556
$180

Any input on if this set up will be good for the street and help solve my issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor