Here are my babies pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xodruxo

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2010
Denver, Dollarado
Ok ok, So I know I've been on here for a while now and giving my input on very little but always reading up on you guys projects, So I promise to try and be more involved on here as far as what I know. I even finally got some pics of my car on my pc so here we go...
I am a proud owner of a 86 grand prix that I done all the work myself in my garage (trust me it was a hell of alot!) to get it where it is today, when I first got her, she had been hit on the passenger front fender and tire, so for me to get it home I was at the persons house replacing both the upper and lower a-arms with very basic tools. Reason being was that they didnt know anything about cars and couldnt fix it themselves so there garage only carried a hammer and pliers with 3 different screwdrivers (I sh*t you not!) so I had to bring all that I could from my house. Shes still pretty basic right now (3.8 v sh*t, plain jane trans, and rear) but I plan on changing that this summer.
Im pretty good with a set of tools so after I got it together, I babied it home due to it really needing to be all tightened up, but once that was done I started ripping it apart again.
So my plan is to try and keep everyone updated with info and pics with her progress bare with me folks.
And before you start with the wheel selection I have on there now let me say that they were in my garage for a long time and my oldest daughter said I should do it just for this summer, I still have my A/R wheels and plan to place them back on, but hell I pay the insurance and gas on this car folks, so some will like and some will not.

Just a few, plenty more to come, as I place in my own Sunroof and in the process of relocating my speakers that were in the upper door molds.
Sorry so late in posting people, but give me you honest opinion on different options, im always open to new ideas.

Attachments

• th_2010-03-02001001[2].jpg
    th_2010-03-02001001[2].jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 927
  • IMAG0702.jpg
    IMAG0702.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 934
  • IMAG0708.jpg
    IMAG0708.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 933
  • IMAG0798.jpg
    IMAG0798.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 928
  • IMAG0809.jpg
    IMAG0809.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 947

bigblockfrank

Greasemonkey
Mar 24, 2009
mt.vernon, ky
i like your ride, i always like the grand prix better than monte.

xodruxo

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2010
Denver, Dollarado
Hey thanks man, its been alot of work and I still got so far to go... I plan on getting a pontiac 400 from a friend if he ever comes back into town from dallas, or if not I just plan on going with a 350 block, not looking to beat corvettes (yet), just looking for a lil more pick up from hauling around all this weight... Then maybe hit it with another paint job, but to be honest I really love the flat black on her, so plans are to install my cowl hood then paint my (mistress) with 2 more coats of the same color. I gotta post pics of the things ive done since getting her and things that have been planned to be done in the future.
Hey 85gplef41 Im free all weekend lets do this... 8)

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
bigblockfrank said:
I like the Monte better then the Grand Prix for some unknown reason :) ...But yours looks very well ..Good job. There are some really nice Grand Prix owners with kickass cars on GBF and they will pipe in that's for sure....Welcome to GBF.

xodruxo

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2010
Denver, Dollarado
JBreu said:
bigblockfrank said:
I like the Monte better then the Grand Prix for some unknown reason :) ...But yours looks very well ..Good job. There are some really nice Grand Prix owners with kickass cars on GBF and they will pipe in that's for sure....Welcome to GBF.

Thanks again Im gonna have to go and get some more pics when I can, its ready to rain today so thats a no go, but I will mos def keep you guys posted with more pics and info. :wink:

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Hey man nice to see pics of your ride... :mrgreen: Like i said it looks good with the paint it has now.. If i work on my GP this weekend i will let you know. 8)

xodruxo

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2010
Denver, Dollarado
Thanks alot lemo, and smf.... Im planning on updating my stereo this weekend and I will post some pics of that too, I love to work on this car all the time, so now im in the market for a rear end with some 3.73 gears so if anyone hears anything please chime in and let me know, Im hearing that will at least wake up the 3.8 in there... But honestly I have had no problems with the motor (knock on wood) except for it really being a weak motor, so I might keep it in there for a lil while longer, plus I save on gas right now.

I got a friend that want to trade me my 22s for a decent set of MB old schools that would most def put this where I want it, they are on his regal right now the rear are 19x9 and the fronts are 18x8... Just waiting on him to let me know when and the 22s are gone, unless somebody has a nice set of 18s they are willing to trade??? Just keeping it out there just in case this falls through....

zombieking

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2012
Halfmoon Bay B.C.
Really nice GP you got going there! I too am a fan, and prefer my GP to my Monte. I do like yours better with the A/R wheels though, but that's just me, old school, and I just don't like the look of anything bigger than 16" on a classic gbod. Do you know if that rear spoiler was an RPO or has someone just stuck it on there? I want one for mine, and happened to have seen what looks like the same spoiler on an 81 in a wrecking yard. I'm thinking I have to snatch it up because I've seen 2 GP's on this site with them and I really want that look for mine.

Hope you have fun with yours and enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor