Hi new to site have a couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2011
Hi my name is Chris I just bought a 1978 malibu 4 door with 70,000 original miles so the title say's. and It had a skip so I replaced all the plugs wires cap and rotor still the same so I took off the valve cover only to find that a few of the valve weren't moving so I thought bad lifters. I just replaced all the lifters and still the same ones aren't moving has anyone heard of a camshaft wearing out this bad within 70,000 miles? or is the odometer off?

If that motor is a 305 then I would suggest that your hunch is good...The 305 motors were noted for having bad cams...the lobes don't last long...Too bad the General couldn't have gotten the 305 right..I've seen some stout ones in the past....Few and far between though...

Now the question is, will the lifters fit a 350?

So if I buy a 350 cam will it fit in a 305 I'm assuming it's a 350 because it has the 4 barrel.

malibu78 said:
So if I buy a 350 cam will it fit in a 305 I'm assuming it's a 350 because it has the 4 barrel.
my '84 MOnte had a 305 with a 4 barrell carb.............A cam/lifters for a SBC, 305 or 350, will fit either........ 8)

Thank you and I feel welcome already i just came from owning a vw jetta and was on the forums for those and people weren't the nicest. So this kindness and having my questions answered honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor