High End Harbor Freight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I make my living with my hand tools. I have quite a few cheep tools along with expensive tools. I am a cheapskate so I buy all kinds of stuff. I can say Stanley tools are the best. Just as good as Snap-On or Mac. Problem for me is Walmart doesn't sell them anymore. Makes it harder to buy. I have a few things from Harbor Freight. Only stuff that doesn't really matter. I did buy some of the new Craftsman tools a while back. I put together a mobile work bench a while back, so when I am at the shop I don't have to keep walking back to the Service truck to get stuff and put it all away every time I have to leave. I found a Christmas deal at Low's. 100 bucks for a full set of 1/4, 3/8,1/2 socket sets in a nice plastic toolbox that fit my shelf space. I also have a set of the professional black crome wrenches. I have been using them almost daily. The wrenches are good and I like them. The socket sets have been good for what I paid for them, but ok quality. The 3/8 ratchet messed up already so I took it apart and fixed it. The way the flipper latch ratchets is kind of hokey. Do not grease the ratchet. It makes it not work at all. I have it working again, but it is not on the same level as my Stanley one.

I don't own a lot of Stanley but one of my favorite socket sets is Stanley. I bought it at Walmart for maybe $30 when I had to replace a starter in the parking lot. I keep it in my truck. It's the perfect size for a tool kit to keep in the trunk and it has enough sockets to do the majority of roadside repairs.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I have one of their Zurich scanners and it seems pretty decent. It scans PCM and ABS, displays live sensor data, and graphs the data.

Reactions: 1 user

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I've only bought something from Hazard Fraught 3 times. Been disappointed every time. (fuel pressure gauge, ultrasonic cleaner, bearing puller kit)

Maybe the secret is to buy stuff that has no moving parts and material quality/hardness doesn't matter?
I bought an oscillating cutter that worked for 60 minutes burning through the set of spare carbon brushes. I couldn't believe they used carbon brushes. I bought a Craftsman to finish the job (plaster and lath). Most of my sockets are Harbor Freight impact rated; I use them with DeWalt ratchets (best Xmas present I ever got).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor