High Fuel Pressure and Acceleration Bog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
9 psi is really high for a mechanical pump, what pump did you get?

That china junk gauge isn't what you want. If you want an AFR gauge you'll need one with a wide band O2 sensor, not one that plugs into a computer. This is what I have: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-0300
I have a no emissions engine and my O2 sensors are cut.

I bought an AC Delco at AutoZone that was rated for 5 PSI.. give me a second and I'll find it.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
9 psi is really high for a mechanical pump, what pump did you get?
My bad, I bought a Precision brand fuel pump from O'Reilly's and it was rated at 5.5 PSI with a flow rate of 40 GPH

Screenshot_20220628-181057-180.png
Screenshot_20220628-181206-951.png

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
The whole return spring and sticky throttle troubleshoot and test drive...👇🏾

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
I would have gone with a 3 line fuel pump, but that requires a return line and if your car didn't have a return, a different fuel sender. If the fuel pump is rated for 5.5psi and putting out 9 you've either got an incorrect gauge or a bad fuel pump.

For your return spring issue, see if there's a stud that can be installed in that large hole that will allow you to put the return spring on it, towards the outside, and maybe get the clearance you need from the idle screw.

Reactions: 1 user

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
If the fuel pump is rated for 5.5psi and putting out 9 you've either got an incorrect gauge or a bad fuel pump.
The gauge I have is from Harbor Freight and I've had it for about a year now.. seems to work great.. it's also a vacuum gauge that I use for my vacuum readings.

You really think that fuel pump could be bad out the box?

Thinking about calling that company today and asking them specific questions about that fuel pressure coming from that pump.. because why would they advertise it at 5.5 PSI but it's putting out 9 PSI on my car?

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
For your return spring issue, see if there's a stud that can be installed in that large hole that will allow you to put the return spring on it, towards the outside, and maybe get the clearance you need from the idle screw.
Yeah that's how the return screen was set up the first time when I bought the vehicle it had a stud that went into the big hole and a couple of spacers that run between it.. I don't know what I did with that stud but I'm sure I can buy a new one.. the throttle cable is what was attached to it and the return springs were tighten down with the throttle cable... but there was definitely a clearance between that and the idle screw...

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Pulled the oil dipstick yesterday and there was a hint of gas when I smelt it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor