High RPM While Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjektPat

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2020
??? Adjusted how? Did you follow Anubis or lilbowtie's instructions? Line pressure gauge? I ask as it appears that you're adjusting the TV cable via shift feel - if you are, then this IS WRONG.
I adjusted it based off the tension on cable , the cable was WAY LOOSE ! Car was just hot already after I did the initial adjustment so I had to let cool down. I can feel the throttle response & car is accelerating faster so I guess I’m on the right track

MontesbyE

Greasemonkey
Sep 12, 2020
North Carolina
You will get it. just make sure there is no slack in the line at wide open throttle. Set it and forget it. Don't search for shift points using the TV cable. The only way to change those is the governor inside the transmission. You will drive yourself crazy if you do. Also keep in mind these are old tech transmission's your dealing with. Really need to learn your car and adjust your driving around it. 💪💪

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor