HO Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2009
Massachusetts
My car is headed to the shop next week, been doing a lot of prep work for the last year.

Does anyone know where i can buy factory correct bolts for the front end sheet metal? Ive tried using 2 different rust removers and although the rust comes off nicely the black phosphate is only so so.

thanks

Boldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2009
Massachusetts
Im restoring the car, SS isnt the look i need.

I can clean the rust of the olds ones easliy but the phosphate is gone in some spots.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
You can send your fasteners out and have them re-phosphated, or Eastwood sells a kit to do it yourself.

Or, you can do what I and other lazy people do, and just clean them up on a wire wheel and spray paint them.

Boldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2009
Massachusetts
I had assumed buying new ones is cheaper than replating. If i cant buy new ones plating was my back up option.

This car only has 50,000 miles, i want the fasteners to match.

chiguy109

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2011
if u have an air compressor go to home depot $13 for a sand blaster $5 safty glasses $5 masks $8 black blasting powder stick the bolts through some cardboard and blast away then rust oleum enamal black looks beautiful

Boldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2009
Massachusetts
paint doesnt look the same as the original finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor