HOLLEY 670 CFM Street Avenger Carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskybent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
Im thinking about buying the Holley Street Avenger 670 carb for my olds 455 in my 86 regal and was wondering if anyone has used this carb and what they think about it.I have never owned a holley carb so dont know anything about them.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
its a good carb, you might find a cheaper 650-750 cfm 4150 with a blow out protection power valve they switched to that in the mid 90's...maybe '96? and vacuum secondary anyway you can buy the blowout protector from holley if its an older model. I have a feeling the reason these carbs work for "any engine" out of the box is the secondary jets are too rich for most applications. 670 street avenger may be too small out of the box for your 455 but you can tune it so its nbd

any goodies that comes with the street avenger you can buy from holley, quick change spring kit, clear float bowl checks etc

If I had to do it over again I would have bought a double pumper without a choke/choke horn.

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
i have one on my 383 and i love it! it is hands down the best carb i've ever owned! excellent throttle response, comes with nonstick gaskets, so jet changes are no huge problem, and it came perfectly tuned right out of the box. the only thing i needed to do was set the choke.
i would recommend one to anyone!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
whiskey, holleys are easy to tune I think you'll like em, theres nothing that special about the street avenger vs a 4150

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
My GM Performance HO Deluxe 350 came with a 600cfm Holley setup from the factory. I got it 7 years ago. They have since upgraded that setup a 670cfm carb. I came up on a sweet deal for a new Holley 670 Street Avenger that I couldnt pass up. Took the 600 Holley off, and dropped the Street Avenger on. Ran the new fuel lines and filled the bowl up. 2 pumps and it fired right up. Let the car idle down and took the old guy for a spin. Ready to run right out the box....I was saving for the Ultra Street Avenger, but that deal was too good to pass on...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

whiskybent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
My GM Performance HO Deluxe 350 came with a 600cfm Holley setup from the factory. I got it 7 years ago. They have since upgraded that setup a 670cfm carb. I came up on a sweet deal for a new Holley 670 Street Avenger that I couldnt pass up. Took the 600 Holley off, and dropped the Street Avenger on. Ran the new fuel lines and filled the bowl up. 2 pumps and it fired right up. Let the car idle down and took the old guy for a spin. Ready to run right out the box....I was saving for the Ultra Street Avenger, but that deal was too good to pass on...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC
Thanks for the info Warren

deathproof

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2009
saint louis
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
My GM Performance HO Deluxe 350 came with a 600cfm Holley setup from the factory. I got it 7 years ago. They have since upgraded that setup a 670cfm carb. I came up on a sweet deal for a new Holley 670 Street Avenger that I couldnt pass up. Took the 600 Holley off, and dropped the Street Avenger on.
Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Does the 670 feel faster or better in any way? just curious i have the same engine in my malibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor