Holley carb and 200-4r, what throttle stud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Can anyone running a holley carb and 200-4r show me a pic of there throttle and tv linkage, and the parts you are using? I want to get the geometry corrector but I don't know what size throttle stud to run with it, there are different lengths and sizes. I am using the stock bracket if it matters

This is an example I found, what size is the stud for the throttle cable?
DSC02918.jpg

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I could try to get a picture of my setup tomorrow. I've got the adapter piece for the 200-4R like the one pictured. My throttle setup might look a little "rigged" or "homemade" lets say. I just used parts that were laying around. I ended up using the top hole in the stock Holley bracket just to take up more slack so I could get my gas pedal farther off the floor. With the aftermarket throttle/trans bracket I'm using I can still get to WOT with that top hole on the carb's bracket.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
well I never got that picture, but after further review, my setup is far too rigged to be of any real help as far as finding a throttle stud size for you. I am using the geometry corrector (summit brand I believe) and it works just fine, if that's any help at all.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Here is my setup.With a 700r4 but the cable is the same...YOu need a 7/32 stud :)
carblinkage001.jpg

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
JBreu said:
Here is my setup.With a 700r4 but the cable is the same...YOu need a 7/32 stud :)
quote]

You sir, are the man. Thats a bad *ss looking motor 8) What kind of bracket is that, the stock one leaves the Tv cable at an angle from where it mounts to the geometry corrector

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
richp85elco said:
JBreu said:
quote]

You sir, are the man. Thats a bad *ss looking motor 8) What kind of bracket is that, the stock one leaves the Tv cable at an angle from where it mounts to the geometry corrector
Thank you...I bought the geometry corrector and throttle bracket from Jegs, it's their brand.....http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance- ... 0/10002/-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor