Holley mid mount

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Anyone tried the mid or low mount accessory drive kit from Holley. Like to know if either kit fits in a G body. It will need to clear headers and a single turbo.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Everything fits if you own a welder and 4 1/2” angle grinder haha.

Aesthetically, the Holley stuff is nice.
Pocketbook wise, truck accessories are easy and they fit.

Are you planning to build or buy headers? That’s the 1st decision to be made. Then fit everything around that decision.

Regarding turbo mounting - I know a bought set of headers is the easy way out to put it together, but in the long run it isn’t imo because boost is addictive. I started with hanging the turbos off from an exhaust manifold. And after fixing 2 different sets more than 10 times, with a T4 hanging out there, due to leaks from the weight of the turbo being manifold supported I moved to a frame mounted setup. I’m yet to have a frame mount fail me - and that’s with a T6 at 50 lbs.

Reactions: 2 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I absolutely do. I have a Lincoln mig and many grinders, even black paint too. The focus of this build is not to just make it work. I've had plenty of cars that were cut to get it done.
Effort is being made to not cut this car.

Yes, Holley will not win any price debates vs junkyard but it's all brand new. Including a high amp alt and ac compressor.

Headers will be bought. Seems like forward and down is rare so if they will be forward and up. That's my main question, will they clear the Holley mid mount.

The turbo will be supported by brackets to the engine. Frame mounting of the turbo is not an option since I have poly engine mounts.

Attachments

• 20211005_205611.jpg
    20211005_205611.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 103
Reactions: 1 users

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I have the kit on my SBC, it's pretty nice

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_153600.jpg
    IMG_20221022_153600.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20221023_133955.jpg
    IMG_20221023_133955.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20221022_153621.jpg
    IMG_20221022_153621.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I have the mid mount on my LS. Very clean look. Very well engineered.
20200528_153743.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Anyone tried the mid or low mount accessory drive kit from Holley. Like to know if either kit fits in a G body. It will need to clear headers and a single turbo.
Nice build. You seem to be building something similar to what im doing. Well, Build wise atleast. looks you also did a frame off. Anyways i was told to go with holleys mid mount kit as it would compress everything in the center and leave enough space for the twin turbos. That package arrives today, i expect to have it on the block by the weekend.

Reactions: 3 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Nice build. You seem to be building something similar to what im doing. Well, Build wise atleast. looks you also did a frame off. Anyways i was told to go with holleys mid mount kit as it would compress everything in the center and leave enough space for the twin turbos. That package arrives today, i expect to have it on the block by the weekend.
It definitely tucks the accessories close to the center. Low accessories from of a different chassis like an F body or a truck do not fit in these cars. I've cut plenty of cars, race cars and crap boxes in the past but this car is not getting it's frame clearanced to make something fit if I have an option. This led me to the Holley system.
This is not only a solution to make it fit. It's also ALL brand new. The idea of installing a used ac compressor from a 20 year old truck or a power steering pump with 400,000kms is a low buck option that I feel will have a bad ending some day. So what you spend buying it is offset by what an awesome piece it is and it's all brand new including the hardware, belt and thermostat.

The frame off was not by choice, the car was in an accident. There is some pics in build thread, Boost Lee.

Attachments

• 20230322_203010.jpg
    20230322_203010.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
It definitely tucks the accessories close to the center. Low accessories from of a different chassis like an F body or a truck do not fit in these cars. I've cut plenty of cars, race car, crap boxes in the past but this car is not getting it's frame clearance to make something fit if I have an option. This led me to the Holley system.
This is not only a solution to make it fit. It's also ALL brand new. The idea of installing a used ac compressor from a 20 year old truck or a power steering pump with 400,000kms is a low buck option that I feel will have a bad ending some day. So what you spend buying it is offset by what an awesome piece it is.

The frame off was not by choice, the car was in an accident. There is some pics in build thread, Boost Lee.
That looks super clean. I’m planning on mating the trans yo the block , dropping in and THEN installing the kit. Just cuz I don’t have a shop. Pita really just trying to make sure everything I get fits first time.

Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
I have the mid mount on my LS. Very clean look. Very well engineered. View attachment 217128
Looks good. Just got around to installing mine and not sure exactly how to hook up their power steering. Looks like black nipple is for reservoir and one line to steering gear? What other connections are needed?

Attachments

• 6BDB8D0F-D9C2-43E8-907D-90C8178BBC7C.jpeg
    6BDB8D0F-D9C2-43E8-907D-90C8178BBC7C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 92

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Looks good. Just got around to installing mine and not sure exactly how to hook up their power steering. Looks like black nipple is for reservoir and one line to steering gear? What other connections are needed?
Did you get it figured out? Just a supply to gear and a return. If running a cooler then return goes to that in/out and back to reservoir.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor