Hood Hinge Question

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Spent a few hours cutting the good set of springs this afternoon. Hopefully I can get them welded on Monday. Pain in the butt trying to get a straight cut with a hacksaw. Did the same as the other set. Removed 9/16" from each arm.
Once the welds are done, into the blast cabinet they go. Then a quick coat of epoxy primer. Probably a coat of Cast Blast or a similar color.

IMG_1282.jpg IMG_1283.jpg IMG_1284.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Bengler455

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2022
So are you guys re-tapping the threads on the nut on the fender? Or just running the ball stud in. I noticed the threads are different.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
So are you guys re-tapping the threads on the nut on the fender? Or just running the ball stud in. I noticed the threads are different.
the ball stud should be the same thread as the fender bolt that came out.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Melloelky is correct. Thread size is the same. You can get the metric thread balls at autozone. When I bought them they were on one of those spinning help racks.

Reactions: 1 users

Bengler455

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2022
Melloelky is correct. Thread size is the same. You can get the metric thread balls at autozone. When I bought them they were on one of those spinning help racks.
Yes you are correct, they turned a little hard at first and was worried but they did thread right in. Thanks!!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor