horn works to good

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
my 1980 olds has been sitting for a while until i can get past life and work on it for a while. i put a new key lock in the ign the other day and it won't turn so that is one problem and i hooked the battery up and everything was dead so i went inside to have lunch and after about a half hour i heard a noise and thought who is making that racket i went outside and it was my horn so i disconnected the battery and it stopped. i have a new relay in and a new horn wire and the old button. i guess i will have to tear into the steering column to find out why the horn is sticking and why the ign won't turn. i also put in a new ign switch. i had electrical problems before now i need to start tracking them down. i also need to put the fusible links in off of the starter the p.o. just put some no.10 wire in to get it moving. would regular 16 gauge wire work. it is supposed to be 1.0 metric which is 16 gauge. or do i have to use fusible link wire? i have some circuit breakers but they are not as good as fusible links. it is a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor