how can you chirp tires w/o shift kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
305 H.O. edelbrock 600cfm, th350 transmission...alot of miles but has a good shift into 2nd and 3:73 posi...just posting my drivetrain too see if it helps, what if i change the transmission mount? to a solid transmission mount? good or bad?

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark at this and say that changing the trans mount won't help. I'm also going to assume that the overall quickness and firmness of the shift is what causes the "chirp."

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
Chirping tires are a sign of less-than-optimum traction, so most people aren't looking specifically for something like tires chirping, they're looking for additional performance, and the tires chirping comes as sort of a downside, a trade-off for additional performance. Have you considered upping the power? What is your reason for not wanting to add a shift kit?

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
the transmission has close to 210,000 miles on it but it doesnt slip at all, so that was the only reason why i dodnt wanna bother with a shift kit

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Do you just want the "I'm pretending its bigger and more powerful than what it is and I want it to chirp thing?" Power and a firm, quick shifting trans is the only way your gonna get a chirp. You might get a small scratch out of the car with the 305 but your gonna have to put a shift kit in. They take about 30 min from start to finish. Not a difficult task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor