How did you mount your mufflers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
Converting to dual exhaust with a Pype x-over and dumps before the axle. Welding is not an option at the moment and I don't really want to drill into my floor.

fyi...the header to muffler kit DOES NOT come with the 1ft extention pipe and only includes 2 clamps.

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
mechanics wire. I looped mechanics wire through holes in the body, and the exhaust just kind of "hangs" on it. It's a temporary solution.

I used clamps to clamp the mufflers on.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
moose said:
Converting to dual exhaust with a Pype x-over and dumps before the axle. Welding is not an option at the moment and I don't really want to drill into my floor.

fyi...the header to muffler kit DOES NOT come with the 1ft extention pipe and only includes 2 clamps.

Here are the pics of my set up which should be just like mine

Attachments

• DSCF5016.JPG
    DSCF5016.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 520
  • DSCF5015.JPG
    DSCF5015.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 512

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
tobyp...thanks for the visual. What brand are those adjustable hangers and where did you get them?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
moose said:
tobyp...thanks for the visual. What brand are those adjustable hangers and where did you get them?

You know I bought the WHOLE kit from PYPES and other than how the tail pipes mounted to the frame it was a cinch. I believe if you visited their website you would be able to buy the hangers. I beleive that you could buy them from summit as well. I like the pypes brand because they are stainless steel.

moose

Greasemonkey
Jul 20, 2008
ICT, KS
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up called Pypes and was able to order the adjustable hangers. I'm going to have the whole system welded eventually, but first I have to decide if I can handle the noise from dumps right after the mufflers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor