What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Got it started on a whim with the new(ish) MSD setup. No fighting, backfiring, or general unwillingness on the car’s part when it came to running. Heck, it started at the touch of the starter switch!

On the worse side of things, my oil pressure and volt gauges no longer work, have to dig into that as I found out the car won’t stay running unless I hold the cold start override switch on to keep the MSD box triggered.
Then while I wanted to test it, the secondary fuel bowl needle stuck in the seat and poured fresh 90 octane everywhere 🫠

I am very, very lucky that this didn’t start a massive fire.

Guess I was a little too on point naming it Janky….
4D1FE573-A164-4D02-8BDB-89F08E393FCB.gif

This thing runs amazing. Somehow managed to drop the distributor back in at exactly 14 degrees BTDC, set the idle screws to 3/4 of a turn out while it was warm, runs at 12.3-4 on the AFR gauge.

Now I just need to finish the rest of it :wax:

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Bolted the engine and trans in, got the driveshaft in, and the headers in, with help from the soon to be wife.
20240608_200815.jpg
20240607_015306.jpg
FB_IMG_1717900001355.jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: 4 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Slowly with the weather I have gotten more sanding done including fighting with flash rust. Days get up to the 80's real quick but I am progressing. After I get Primer in the main area's I still have to touch up on a couple of others. After a little more of a paint reducer put in the Primer is flowing better, I still have to wait for pressure to build back up but I got to do a wider area. Going to rain again tomorrow and I gotta let my sun burned shoulders heal up a bit. I'll get to the Drivers side on Tuesday. Paint is coming soon.

20240609_121445[1].jpg

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
  • Haha

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Slowly with the weather I have gotten more sanding done including fighting with flash rust. Days get up to the 80's real quick but I am progressing. After I get Primer in the main area's I still have to touch up on a couple of others. After a little more of a paint reducer put in the Primer is flowing better, I still have to wait for pressure to build back up but I got to do a wider area. Going to rain again tomorrow and I gotta let my sun burned shoulders heal up a bit. I'll get to the Drivers side on Tuesday. Paint is coming soon.

View attachment 240660
that's tough in the sun,have you given any thought to running a tarp from your place over the car? by making a lean too/tent of sorts it will keep some of the heat off the surface(and yourself) and buying you a little more work time in the process.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
My last week's micro-Vay-Kay netted me that clutch linkage upgrade that had been patiently waiting for me at the border. Very nice piece of work and with the spherical rod ends, almost infinitely adjustable for approach angle. Once I get it installed and adjusted, I can diminish the hole that I had to create to install the factory version and make the firewall look a little more professional. Still thinking over where/how to hang the clutch return spring. Places for brackets aren't plentiful under there.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor