how many Grand National's left .... or for that matter any Gbody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
depends if when you say on the road you mean being driven or garage art.

I resemble that remark . . . "garage art"! Love it.

As long as it is taking me to change the freakin' electric antenna . . . my 442 is starting to seem like a mere garage ornament.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I think the more important question is not how many are on the road but how much request there is for a part. Lets face it GM most likely sold more of other models that are limping along as a winter beater or kids car etc. No one is looking to restore or upgrade these, just to keep them going one more season.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I think the more important question is not how many are on the road but how much request there is for a part. Lets face it GM most likely sold more of other models that are limping along as a winter beater or kids car etc. No one is looking to restore or upgrade these, just to keep them going one more season.[/QUOTE
That is a good point. How many people are looking for these parts is more likely what will drive the aftermarket to make parts for them.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Oh that last post didn't come out right. On the bottom I wrote good point it's how many people are looking for these parts that will drive the aftermarket to make parts for them.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Thanks for the info!! you guys are right on cars registered vs those that are not! also got account for cars being scrapped/wrecked...

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
That's a dumb way to look at it. What about the ones with "storage" only, not drive-able insurance during a frame off resto? Hell, I only have 1 Oldsmobile and 1 Grand National registered through hagerty. Still have a 442, Salon Calais, and some other gems in various stages of resto that don't have insurance on them. I'm buying parts high end parts - won't drive a vehicle unless it's perfect because of my OCD.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I currently own 9 G-Body's to give you an idea.
Geez, holding out on pics I see lol!!! In agreement with what you said, my cutlass currently only has comprehensive insurance on it while going through the resto just in case something happens (lord I hope not)!!! Once completed it will definitely have full coverage and historic tags.

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Geez, holding out on pics I see lol!!! In agreement with what you said, my cutlass currently only has comprehensive insurance on it while going through the resto just in case something happens (lord I hope not)!!! Once completed it will definitely have full coverage and historic tags.

Haha. I'm in bed. I'll shoot them over when I wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor