How rare is a 1978 Regal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEAN78REGAL

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2010
Yeah, it was terrible. Thank god my regal is stored on a pretty big hill so it wasn't affected, but yeah we went under quite a bit of water. And we still haven't got drinking water back yet after 8 water main breaks drained all the towers. Just a terrible terrible week.

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
I have a 78 but I dont see them around here in oregon to much atleast were I'm at (St helens) qutie a few new ones though

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
SafariWagon said:
Mean78Regal, There is a guy I sold a 8.5 rear end to in Omaha, Neb on here that has a early regal. He's still working on it last I heard. That was a little over a year ago. I believe he goes by Supercrackerbox on here. Funny thing is we met in Ames, Iowa to complete the sale. I am originally from Ames and was going there to visit relatives.

And would you believe I just finally got that rear hung under the car about a month ago? And only to get the car mobile at that- it will be coming back out before long as I'm gearing up to remove and restore the frame and suspension. I recently put a deposit on a 1000sq.ft. shop that I'll be moving everything to over Labor Day weekend, at which point I can finally get some progress made.

But yeah, mark up another '78 on here, the second one I've owned actually. Lost the first, a Sport Coupe, to midwest body rot. The current Limited is amazingly rot free, and I'm going through everything to make sure it stays that way. The Limited will be more or less ressurected as my beloved Sport Coupe, albeit with many improvements along the way, hence the need for the 8.5" rear.

BTW, I'm badly in need of some excellent condition tail lights and the black plastic bumper trim . . . :wink:

parksdjs

n00b
Aug 22, 2010
Very rare and I use to have one. Mine saved my life at 17 years of age at the time she had 36000 miles on her and she didn't survive. I have been looking for one ever since. :cry:

DTilford

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 22, 2010
Here goes mine...

Attachments

• 2[1].jpg
    2[1].jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,417
  • 102_0703.jpg
    102_0703.jpg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 1,415

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
mke31 said:
i need parts for my 78 and cant seem to find any

What parts specifically?

I finally managed to score NOS tail lights and a LF corner light on Ebay, along with a handful of NOS badges and trim pieces. Still looking high and low for the RF corner light and the bumper strips. I need the Limited stainless passenger door trim along the bottom too. I think I can salvage the rest of it.

mke31

Greasemonkey
Jan 21, 2011
south florida
supercrackerbox said:
mke31 said:
i need parts for my 78 and cant seem to find any

What parts specifically?

I finally managed to score NOS tail lights and a LF corner light on Ebay, along with a handful of NOS badges and trim pieces. Still looking high and low for the RF corner light and the bumper strips. I need the Limited stainless passenger door trim along the bottom too. I think I can salvage the rest of it.

rear bumper fillers,hood emblem,grill emblem,grill trim moulding,headlight bezzles,blue rear seat pannels,blue lower door pannels,
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor