Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
mke31 said:
supercrackerbox said:
mke31 said:
i need parts for my 78 and cant seem to find any

What parts specifically?

I finally managed to score NOS tail lights and a LF corner light on Ebay, along with a handful of NOS badges and trim pieces. Still looking high and low for the RF corner light and the bumper strips. I need the Limited stainless passenger door trim along the bottom too. I think I can salvage the rest of it.

rear bumper fillers,hood emblem,grill emblem,grill trim moulding,headlight bezzles,blue rear seat pannels,blue lower door pannels,
thanx

There's examples of each of those on Ebay right now except the rear seat panels. Personally I'd just get the best of whatever color you find and re-dye everything.

79Regal383

n00b
Oct 10, 2010
Merlin
I read your question on how rare the 78 regal was and started looking into it myself. They were anything but rare back in the day. Now they are all but hiding. Lots were made and are still around. People just do not appreciate what they have and do not see the possibilities of their ride. once I had seen the 78 in real life I had to own it. Now I'm the proud owner of a copper colored regal. Turbo hood and all. They're great cars and deserve attention. If you find a good example, pick it up, as they're ussually inexpensive, Great fun to work on and always turn heads in the proccess.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Never personally seen a 78-79 around here but I love my 80. Same body as those but I have signals in fender with 4 headlights. It's been a pain to get parts though being a 1 year car.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Blazenlotus said:
There is one not to far from me for sale. Its been for sale for a while I emailed them a few times but never bought it. They sold some of the parts off of it since the last time they posted it. Here it is its a 79 regal. http://springfield.craigslist.org/pts/2509232702.html

Does it have drip rail and quarter window trim(between window and quarter window) I need it bad for mine

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I'd like to find a '78 or '79 one of these days. The floor shift models are super rare but they exist. I know of one in San Antonio but the interior is trashed.

pfcvdv

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2010
Noord holland, the netherlands
do regals really rust that hard?
i know my dad has a few classic range rovers and other european cars and they all rust like hell. he bought a rust free rangerover 1972 2 years ago, standing in the rain and now its ready for the yunkyard, while my buick is still going pretty good. altough i do have some rust on the trunk lid, roofrail, and my bumpers are 30% gone with the rain.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
mebe007 said:
Never personally seen a 78-79 around here but I love my 80. Same body as those but I have signals in fender with 4 headlights.

4910636672_960a850245_z.jpg

Hey guys, please check my other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33019

I need some more people to chime in before Saturday, when it's time to put up or shut up!

THANKS!

joey9577

n00b
Nov 1, 2012
I have a 78 Regal Turbo Sport Coupe (3.8 V6 Turbo).
Burgandy w/white Landau roof, w/Red dash and carpet and white interior, floor shift.
It's my Baby. I have owned this car since 1981.
I've done some restoration.
(Reapolstered the seats, affordable paint job, new Landau Roof, motor trans rebuilt in "95")
Currently setting in my shop for ground up restoration (money thing).

Looks like this magazine add:
http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/05AJ ... ne-Ad-1978

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor