How rude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2014
Roanoke ,VA.
NOMOROBO solved my unwanted call problem, works like a charm , and has not caused any additional problem. It works in the background to screen.

Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I have added repeat telemarketing callers that don't leave a vmail to my block list but this only partially solves the issue because it does nothing for the random phone numbers. I also have my doubts for any call-screening software. In my mind, the issue with any call-screening software is that it works from a list and most telemarketers are utilizing random outgoing phone numbers. My solution for the telemarketers is that I just allow the incoming call to go directly to vmail if I don't recognize the phone number.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
The new scam is to get you to say "yes" to anything, like if they ask "is this so and so". They record that "yes" and use it later in the call (that keeps going after you've hung up) to agree to whatever BS they are pedaling.

That combined with hiding behind a fake local number that makes you want to pick up.

Heck with iOS you dont even need to listen to voicemails, it text-to-talk's it into a message you can read. I cant think of the last random number I picked up a call from

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Yeah blocking the numbers does nothing because they change the number every single time. The "Do not call list" is useless because only legitimate businesses follow the list. My caller ID will show "(SPAM?)" In front of the caller name if it suspects it's a junk call and it's usually pretty accurate. If you answer the phone, you'll just get more junk calls because they know your number is active and they'll sell it to other spammers.

It's really a huge problem and it's the FCC's job to handle it.

• Agree
  • Informative

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Most of the time I don't answer and block the number.. Sometimes I do, just to be annoying.

The first thing I do is ask them for their credit card number, expiration, zipcode on the account, and CVV.

At that point, they will either just go on with their sales pitch or ask why. If they continue on, I repeat the request and tell them that if they don't comply the call will be disconnected. Most of the time, they ask why at this point.. So, I tell them that to talk to me costs $5 / Minute. So far, you're up to 1 minute so you owe me $5, but I have a minimum charge of $25, so I need your credit card number.

The reactions are great.

With that b*tch, I would have said something about the car being worth more than the roach infested shithole she calls home...

-Gonz

• Creative

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
My goal is to make a robo caller so upset that they quit their job immediately after hanging up with me. I have also explained that I have contacts in high places and can call in an Airstrike on their village, Threatened to Cut down "your entire family tree" or on occasion, acted mentally incompetent/ very young child and dragged the phone call on indefinitely

• Haha

Neill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2014
Roanoke ,VA.
Many conversations are recorded now, and threats of bodily harm over a phone line, regardless of the circumstances or intonation, are a criminal offense. Anyway, I will plug nomoromo one more time- it gave me immediate relief and has continued to for some time.

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Many conversations are recorded now, and threats of bodily harm over a phone line, regardless of the circumstances or intonation, are a criminal offense. Anyway, I will plug nomoromo one more time- it gave me immediate relief and has continued to for some time.

Thank you for making me aware that there could be consequences to my utterances.
However, I always reserve such comments for callers that initiate rude comments first. Comments such as "F*** You", or " I'm F***ing you mother" etc.
the rest of the time I mostly just talk fast and make wildly ridiculous statements

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My phone and answering system is a program in my pc, I can zap an obvious number and that gives them a message there is no service to this number and adds then to the blacklist or if I add a number to the blacklist that comes up bogus they get the message that there is no service to the number

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
My phone and answering system is a program in my pc, I can zap an obvious number and that gives them a message there is no service to this number and adds then to the blacklist or if I add a number to the blacklist that comes up bogus they get the message that there is no service to the number
I use to have a similar setup 20 years ago when I still had a POTS phone in the house...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor