How to charge new A/C System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhsmonte

Greasemonkey
Dec 4, 2008
Kentucky
Recently I added A/C to my LS swap and I was curious of what I need to do to charge a system that has a new condenser, new hoses, new compressor, and new accumulator/drier... I want the system fill with r134. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm in the same boat. I installed a new compressor, condenser, evaporator, new drier (not yet installed), orifice tube, and new hoses.
The system will need to have a vacuum pump hooked up to remove any existing moisture, and check for leaks prior to recharging with 134A. .
Have you added oil to the compressor/ system? Make sure you replace all the O-rings, too.

I'm going to have a guy do the finishing touches...pull a vacuum and recharge the system.

84/ttop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 15, 2012
Washburn, ND
Yep, longroof is right, needs oil, pull a vacuum and do a leak test before puting a charge of 134a. I haven't done any full system on a car, but the last one I did on a newer JD tractor had the oil for the whole system in the new compressor but most AC machines can inject the oil into the system when charging as well.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey, good for you. I was supposed bring mine in this week, but other stuff came up. $50.00 bucks is a good deal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor