How to make 26s fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
Maybe stick with 22" and under, it will fit without hacking up the car and still sit at factory height or lower depending on actual rim and tire size.
I already ordered rims from armani forged so I can only go forward

• Haha
  • Creative
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I already ordered rims from Armani forged so I can only go forward
So you ordered rims without any idea on how you are going to make them fit? IMO I like to take a bunch of measurements first off existing rims to see what type of clearance issues I might have, but good luck with your set up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
Cheap way, use a truck body off frame lift they come in different sizes 1",2" an so on.

Then it will depend on tires your putting on the rims . Will have to rework the bumper hangers/brackets.

Air-ride suspension? $$$$

View attachment 106211
I know it's a truck but it's only got a 3" body off kit an l was able to put 38" tires on it. Just for reference.
Thank u I brought a 2002 Silverado just for the motor but I junked the truck wish I would have known this smh

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Thank u I brought a 2002 Silverado just for the motor but I junked the truck wish I would have known this smh

You can get the body lift kits any where, there cheap ($100-$200) They come with everything you need to add space between frame and body.

If l was going to do a car, l'd only add enough and still keep frame hidden by the body. So a 1" lift block will give you 2" of added tire from normal an so on.

Wiring an steering shaft will extend enough for up to a 3" block so no worries there.

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Also, you might want to consider re-gearing the rear axle so you’ll still have decent power. A wheel/tire combo that big will affect performance. Also, your speedometer readings will probably be off as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Qdub is the resident big wheel expert; I want to say he says 24s go no problem. HOWEVER, it really comes down to tire size. Ideally, 26" is overall height including the tire, but that's out the window when it's your rim size. I see fabrication in your future.
I totally get building a car around a set of wheels, but the operative word is "building". NOT, "what's the least amount of work I need to do"; that ain't gonna fly.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Last edited:
  • Scared
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
Qdub is the resident big wheel expert; I want to say he says 24s go no problem. HOWEVER, it really comes down to tire size. Ideally, 26" is overall height including the tire, but that's out the window when it's your rim size. I see fabrication in your future.
I totally get building a car around a set of wheels, but the operative word is "building". NOT, "what's the least amount of work I need to do"; that ain't gonna fly.
😥 I went into this build not knowing what I was up against I already paid a ton of $ for my rims now I have to forward thank u for ur advice

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
You can get the body lift kits any where, there cheap ($100-$200) They come with everything you need to add space between frame and body.

If l was going to do a car, l'd only add enough and still keep frame hidden by the body. So a 1" lift block will give you 2" of added tire from normal an so on.

Wiring an steering shaft will extend enough for up to a 3" block so no worries there.
So u think 3 inch lift cups would work with the original springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor