How to make 26s fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Don't forget brake upgrade to slow down those big ole flywheels.

While anything can be lifted up to clear big wheels, you get the bolt on look.
Takes a real man with a grinder & welder to tuck in big rollers & stand out from the bolt on crowd.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
Don't forget brake upgrade to slow down those big ole flywheels.

While anything can be lifted up to clear big wheels, you get the bolt on look.
Takes a real man with a grinder & welder to tuck in big rollers & stand out from the bolt on crowd.
Yeah if I have to wait longer I will I need the rims to be flushed with the fender

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That is absolutely insane to pay that for rims. I could build a very nice drivetrain for that price. Good luck, there is work ahead.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
It's hard to say what you should do, it's all going to come down to the rubber your going to put on.

26" rim an 3" top, 3" bottom for rubber, that's a 32" tire. I see turning ratios issues.

The tires alone are going to kick ya in the wallet again.

Can you get the height clearance with blocks, yes, but if you put to much your frames going to look goofie dropped so low below the body. IMO

Your going to need some measurements before you start anything to see what clearance you have.

You may have paid big bucks for the rims but your going to pay alot more because of them if you want to do it proper, Different A-arms, spindles, springs, shocks, brakes and the cost of cutting stuff up.

Reactions: 1 users

Gameover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2017
It's hard to say what you should do, it's all going to come down to the rubber your going to put on.

26" rim an 3" top, 3" bottom for rubber, that's a 32" tire. I see turning ratios issues.

The tires alone are going to kick ya in the wallet again.

Can you get the height clearance with blocks, yes, but if you put to much your frames going to look goofie dropped so low below the body. IMO

Your going to need some measurements before you start anything to see what clearance you have.

You may have paid big bucks for the rims but your going to pay alot more because of them if you want to do it proper, Different A-arms, spindles, springs, shocks, brakes and the cost of cutting stuff up.
Damn I did it this time and I'm really stuck with these rims smh

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Funny, we all do it!! I got stuff on shelves l've bought only to turn around and change my mind.
So sell them, loose a few bucks or keep them for something else.
I think you are loosing more than a few bucks when you are spending probably $6,000 plus on just rims.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor