pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
just wondering how to remove the rear seats in an 86 cutlass supreme 2 door

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
the bottom seat pulls out grab the back of the bottom cushion and pull up and out towards the front seat. On the back part, there are two straps that are bolted to the car. Unbolt those two straps, grab the top of the cushion and pull up and out towards the front of the car to unhinge it from the upper retainer rings.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Huh, I've never done it that way before Eddie. I've always pushed in(towards the rear of the car) on the front of the seat bottom to release it from the catch.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Maybe the regals are a little different, either way just push and pull untill it releases. I know the 87 had two straps bolted to the floor for the top cushion.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I think you can do it either way for the bottom of the back seat. I push it back and then pull up, but I can see pulling it from the back would work too I don't know if the seat would get bent doing it that way. No big deal just bend it back. But the back should have two bolts which also hold the seat belt retractors and they are T-50 torx. Then pull/push up on the seat

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Here's a picture of what your dealing with for the bottom rear seat. There's one of these on each side. The wire seat frame clips into place on each of them.

IMG_0083.jpg

I've alway pushed back on the seat as well.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
Yea, just push back and pull up. Has worked for american cars since the dawn of time. :)

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Crawl in back, grab the back of the bottom cushion pull up and out, and then set it off to the side... two torx bolts (t-47) and then pull or push up on the back seat.. that's it. I lock my keys in my trunk every other day so I can get 'em out in like 5 minutes...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 864
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 597
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor