Huntington, WV
Look at "G-BODY SHUFFLE".

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you want the answer to your question the only way to stop wheel hop questions if everyone agrees not to ask........:popcorn:

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I dealt with this last year.

New shocks-still hopped
Adjustable uppers (helped center the rear in the car and dial pinion angle in, heims on car side poly on axle side)- still hopped
Boxed lower stock arms-still hopped

Put in poly lower control arm bushings-fixed it

Not saying poly lower bushings are the end all solution, as stated I'd check shocks and the bolts being tight first, but bushings seemed to fix it for me.

Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Finally got my internet service back.
fleming442 has it right. loosen your control arms where you had removed them. retighten them with the weight of the car.
The 79 manual calls for 70-75 pound foot for the torque value.
I had gone through a similar problem with my now parts car (79 Monte Carlo) after pulling the rear housing out for a gear swap and boxing the lower control arms.
Re installed the rear axle and had bad wheel hop.
I put a set of no hop bars in ...still hopped.
Went back loosened and re-torqued all the control arm mounting points with the weight of the car on the wheels.....Problem solved.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Another thing to look into if it wasn't brought up, what condition are the bushing in? New one, rubber, poly, or other options might help but I'd list that at the bottom of the list that would fix it thou.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I did like 79 USA 1 said and it worked now I am printing the tires from a standstill through first and second gear with a vacuum secondary Holley carburetor thanks everyone for the information and advice!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Replace the rear control arm bushings. I went with polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension. No more wheel hop.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor