Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
richp85elco said:
big saint,
where do they sell the cs144 for $45 and do you know how much they charge for the core?

pm sent

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Heres the vid

[youtube]dn6C_AeI3pI[/youtube]

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
UPDATE:
i think i found the problem, so i followed the red wire thats connected to our stock connector all the way to the back of the block to firewall and found this..The red wire that goes inside the firewall i guess to power/signal wasent connected...since it wasent connected the ES82 wasent working by sending a signal to the alt to charge the battery cuase it wasent connected...i guess with all the movement test drives, it came loose, thank god it didnt spark and turn on fire,..thats a hard area to try to connect a probe buttt connector thingy, i will try heat shrink connectors, charge the battery, put column back together and connect everything turn on for a good couple minutes to charge the battery and go from there, most likely thats the problem.. thanks to club members and 84clonewars, thanks foe the ground info too..i will keep u updated

37108104-B3B4-4832-998A-597F59537B4C-5315-000004009ECB8720.jpg

C6044B46-3F6D-4A82-8647-57BD17649875-5315-00000400AE9DCB25.jpg

[youtube]asSnNuXKqnc[/youtube]

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Thats the 12v power lead for the alt, cool glad you found it. The brown wire is the signal wire from the original gauge cluster. Im pretty sure the signal wire is a ground of some sorts(under further review tho lol)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
84clonewars said:
Thats the 12v power lead for the alt, cool glad you found it. The brown wire is the signal wire from the original gauge cluster. Im pretty sure the signal wire is a ground of some sorts(under further review tho lol)

So do you think with that not being connected it wasent powering my alt to tell the battery to charge? with out no power

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
84clonewars said:

So do you think with that not being connected it wasent powering my alt to tell the battery to charge? with out no power

Yes I think that could be the reason for your issues, just realize it could be a two part problem.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
gmachinzz said:
that brown wire needs to see IGN on voltage to "turn on" the regulator.

Yep he figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor