Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
How To Upload Images to the GBF Photo Album

Before you can upload images to the Album, you need to create your own Album(s) so you have a place to put them.
(and yup I fixed the problem with the quota being too damn small. The upgrade did this and nobody reported it!)

1) Log in to the site
2) Click the "Photo Album" link at the top of the page
3) You should see a button labelled "Create / order my albums", click on that.
4) You will see your (possibly empty) album list, with "Delete" and "New" buttons underneath it.
5) Click the "New Album" button. A text box will appear to the right of it, where you should enter the name of your new album.
6) When you hit enter or click OK it should appear in the list.
7) Next to each album name is a little green icon
upload.png
you can click to take you to the upload page
8) ..or you can click "Upload File" in the menu, then select the album you want to upload to.
9) MAKE SURE YOU'VE GOT ADOBE FLASH INSTALLED AND ENABLED!! The new flash-based uploader is far superior to the old system, and while you can upload pix one at a time (see the right side of the upload page) I don't recommend it.
10) If it says something like "error it took too long to load the page" just reload the page. Its a bug in the system.
11) The "Browse" button may be grayed out. This is a a bug in the system I haven't figured out. Click it anyway. You can select several photos to upload at once. Then hit OK.
12) Your photos should upload.
13) They should appear below as they upload, once its complete, click "Continue"
14) on the next screen you can add a title, description, and keywords/tags to the photos, when you're done, click "Apply Changes"
15) Mission accomplished.

Any questions or problems (or bugs like the quota being too low or it not working!) please let me know or reply to this thread. The upgrade made this process a whole lot more intuitive and simple. I hope you'll consider using it more, now.

illregal

Apprentice
Nov 13, 2009
im sorry but i cant find any link saying "photo album" when i login,the only thing im getting is the photo page,which is other peoples albums and a this list; Photos Home :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search ...what am i doing wrong? :cry:

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
you need to go to modify albums and you will probably get to your destination. the link is below the above stated list of options/

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Doh. :oops: That was written over a year ago and the site's changed some since then. Look for the "Photos" link up at the top (Home Forum Photos...) and you'll get there. I will update this later today. Most of it is correct, but like turbo78 said I think some of the labels have changed in the photo album software....

Sorry for the confusion.

ric85442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2013
:doh: I did everything it said to do I click on the upload link and it said I don't have a file to up load to. I made and Album but it still wont let me load my pic's?

ric85442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2013
LynchRacin said:
Me 2 weird?!?!??

wait a few days it's working for me now guess it takes a few days b4 a newbe can use it.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
:bump:

I've edited the instructions at the start of this thread to reflect the upgrade to the photo album software. Square thumbnails (yay!) and a brand new uploader system are the big features.

I also fixed the problem where everyone now had a 1Mb quota and couldn't upload anything but tiny tiny pix. That was a side effect of the upgrade and I apologize for not catching it sooner (but nobody reported it!!)

Enjoy!

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I've been a member here for some years now and somehow lost all the pics in "my album". No biggy, but now I can't load more than a couple small pictures (even though it says "5MB" right there on the photo upload page). It won't let me load more than 1 MB total. Any other ways to store pictures? Great site BTW and thanks for all your efforts. If only this issue can be fixed!
Andry

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I will look into this today.... I'm not sure I can get the pix back (most likely no), but I'll see what I can find out and what I can fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor