How Was Your Summer With The G Body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
For me this summer, i just the new dash pad in, painted the front and rear door panels and trim. Made a custom gauge radio panel. and a bunch of little odds and ends. but for the most part i just drove it.

Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
DSC_0798.JPG

Where's Waldo, err, I mean my car? upper middle...There were approx 1400 cars at this charity event.
How Was My Summer With The SS: assembled it in June - Drove it until Nov 21
DSC_0523 (2).JPG

Local forum member joined me.
Many enjoyable, just for the H of it drives (No Particular Place To Go, Fun, Fun Fun,)
Showed it at as many shows and cruises that I cold attend.
Squeezed in a few minor repairs.
DSC_0304.JPG

Last ride of the year - Nov 21

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
A good concrete pad and dry skies goes a long way. I do all my work outside whenever the weather permits. I was fighting the weather a bit trying to get the car ready for Gingerman last spring. Tarps for rain, extra clothes for weather, and a couple LED light sources either outlet or battery powered (elastic headlamps are great) for warding off the dark.

You are lucky, all I have is dirt or mud to work over. When I did my engine swap, I had to lay plywood down to roll the shop crane over. Not much gets done to the Buick over the winter except maybe a couple of small jobs on the odd mild day we sometimes get in winter.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You are lucky, all I have is dirt or mud to work over. When I did my engine swap, I had to lay plywood down to roll the shop crane over. Not much gets done to the Buick over the winter except maybe a couple of small jobs on the odd mild day we sometimes get in winter.

I know what that is like and it's no fun at all. I was spoiled when the race team was alive and I have full access to a fully equipped shop. Last year when I had to change the clutch and throw out bearing I rented a storage shop to do it in, the first month was free with no minimum number of months

Reactions: 1 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I feel for ya. That's all my brother-in-law has ever had.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Thanks, I have plenty of land but a barn so dilapidated its near useless. Can't even keep my tractor in it anymore because the roof is collapsing.

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Good morning from Germany,

for driving too short.............:(
but............ the passenger side mirror and the new clock for the dash board have arrived, that means some work to do during the next weekends to be ready for the next season ;)

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks, I have plenty of land but a barn so dilapidated its near useless. Can't even keep my tractor in it anymore because the roof is collapsing.

Don't let your barn go to waste, a friend of mine sold the wood from his old barn for $5,000 and they had to take the barn down to remove all the wood

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
That sounds like a good deal, heard before there is a market for old barnwood.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I drove mine at least one day a week to work. Did some car shows. Went to Newton Hot Rod Power Tour. I did the Cruise To The Woods in rain. For the most part I just enjoyed it, kept it running, and gathered parts for my engine build now. I have a heated 30×40 shop 10 miles away with concrete and a car lift at my mother's house, but this year I am working out of my 30×40 shed at home with out any of the luxuries of insulation or concrete. I did trench in a power line and I am still wiring in stuff as I work. Lights and plywood, what more do you need? I decided I need to be home more to help watch the little ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor