How's a th200 4R going in a V6 231 3.8L Chevy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I know little about your country, or lifestyle there.

Do you commute long distances?

What is the premise for changing to overdrive? Fuel economy, I presume?

The thing is, most small engines use a lower rear axle gear to move RPM into a higher range, as that's where small displacement gasoline engines make best power. Adding overdrive, and changing rear axle gearing to something steeper isn't going to really improve fuel economy, as the gear change puts you close to the RPM where it currently operates at a given road speed.

Just trying to understand the desire to replace the TH350

I love my G bodies, and daily drove one for many many years, but my 35 mile one way commute made my $500 Scion XB (actually bought for youngest daughter, but she still hasn't obtained a license) the winner for daily fuel economy over either the G bodies or the Tahoe.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
1607810091156.png

Spreading the wealth here too. Factory 200-4R linkage and frame extension for the crossmember.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor