HRDW21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
Will be following along each day - stay safe and keep it together! (until the last day at least 😈)

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I gotta ask, what is the Alban part of the car name mean? Nod to Albany NY?

Cheap tequila- repeat on cheap - which I believe fits the theme if this car.
1631416108402.jpeg
1631416108402.jpeg

It also contains a worm.

• Haha
  • Informative
Reactions: 8 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Tell Fleming442 we all said hi.
Just finished sharing a beverage with him after helping him replace a blown air bag. I’ll pass it along tomorrow.

Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Just finished sharing a beverage with him after helping him replace a blown air bag. I’ll pass it along tomorrow.
And tell him we miss him.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I hope the car gives you some good numbers and that you have a blast! Best of luck this week!

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Tech day did not fair well for me, unfortunately. But I'm not overly concerned about.

My 8 point cage wouldn't certify as a 6 pint roll bar because I don't have a driver's door bar. I didn't weld it in because all of my local tracks (3) certified me to 10.0 (all NHRA tracks) with my current 8 point cage. But here I was told that I need a 7 point cage (that is referred to as a 6 point despite that it has 7 contact points with the frame) with the 7th point being the driver's door bar. It pissed me off for a moment, then I realized that I'm going to run this thing in the 9's without a cert for that anyway, on the last day and I calmed down.

So, the Drag Week, NHRA endorsed, certification makes no limit on 1/8 mile times. My plan is to have a crazy brake check past the 1/8th every day until Friday.

In a nutshell, I was certified to the same time that street car with zero safety equipment was despite that I have an 8 point cage, SFI :Flexplate, balancer, seat belts, helmet, driveshaft, driveshaft retention, wheel ends retention, rear firewall, battery disconnect, battery, wheel spec, tire spec, wheel retention spec, neutral safety, reverse lockout, fuel system and line retention, and anything else in the rule book.

I threw a finger at the NHRA. Then remembered why I don't bracket race or anything else other than test and tune at a sanctioned track.

Done with that rant.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Has anyone heard from Vanrah?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Can you get someone to weld a door bar in mid way and retech the car?

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor