Hurricane Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Survived! Inter webs died but that is pretty much it for the home, yard, and structures. My trash can got knocked over and that was it. Not going to attempt to get out and about yet.

Sent via stupid *ss iPhone

Reactions: 2 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Wind is starting to pick up in North Carolina in the Goldsboro area. I'm as ready as I feel like getting. Bring it on and let's get it over with.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Times like these make me glad I live in the upper mid west. Yeah, it's cold in the winter but it keeps the hurricanes away :)

My real question is was the hurricane as bad as the news makes it out to be? They claim it was the 2nd or 3rd most "powerful" to hit the US but it doesn't seem like it was nearly as damaging as the one that hit the carolinas last month?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have been loking at some pictures taken from a drone of the damage in Panama City, it looks than I thought it would.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Panama City on east is VERY tore up from the floor up. Almost Katrina-like destruction. It was 1 MPH less than a CAT 5!!! Third most intense in U.S. landfall history, and the worst ever in the panhandle/Big Bend area of Florida.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Too soon?

Probably. But, it is still a catchy tune.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Michael had a lot stronger winds than Florence but Florence moved a lot slower so the Carolinas got a lot more rain.

• Agree

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
It's here. GD, just what I need today... I live out in the country and there's LOTS of pine trees along the roads. So I'm staying put for a while. I know what happens to pine trees and heavy duty storms, let alone tropical storms like this.

I hope everyone is safe that lives in the path or in the wake. Latest reports is the "eye" or what's left of it is going to go a tad more to the north side of us, thank goodness. Still very windy and heavy rain at the moment, so figured I'd throw this post up before I lost power. I live on the END of a power path, so if a bird sitting on a power cable somewhere farts, that's enough for us to be in the dark. According to the Redneck Elektrissity Companee. :)

Hope you made it ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor