Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
silverfox said:
tobyp said:
dlo253 said:
I may be interested in a scoop. Don't want one but need clearance. You guys don't plan on making any Cutlass cowl hoods do ya?

Yup, we are making one. The Regal will be debuted next week hopefully. I got confirmation today that the sample is ready. The Cutlass will look similiar to this one.

Is that a lip on the back of the cowl part of the hood?

I dont recall seeing a hood like that before. I am not sure i like it. Hope the Cutlass Hoods are not like that. I dont think i would buy one if it had that lip (ridge) on it

Thanks Brian, you caught this and I didnt. I told them I did not want it this way...ugh!!! We will get it changed and the cowl wot come as far back to the windshield either.

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
[Yup, we are making one. The Regal will be debuted next week hopefully. I got confirmation today that the sample is ready. The Cutlass will look similiar to this one.[/quote]

Is that a lip on the back of the cowl part of the hood?

I dont recall seeing a hood like that before. I am not sure i like it. Hope the Cutlass Hoods are not like that. I dont think i would buy one if it had that lip (ridge) on it[/quote]

Thanks Brian, you caught this and I didnt. I told them I did not want it this way...ugh!!! We will get it changed and the cowl wot come as far back to the windshield either.[/quote]

Toby,
i actually like it close to the windshield I would ask others what they think so you can get the best looking hood out on the market.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
wow! Awesome man, I think I would be more interested in a cowl hood for my Cutlass, than a Hurst style hood bump. I agree, I don't like that lip either

2nd82H/O

Apprentice
May 24, 2010
This is great that you are making these hard to find parts for these H/O's . I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of headlight bezels for my 83 H/O. Thanks again

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
so we think the cowl needs to sweep back to the windshield a bit then??

What does others think?

More views attached.

I'll also post a thread in the Regal section as well.

Attachments

• LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (12)高處正面.JPG
    LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (12)高處正面.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 399
  • LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (13)側面.JPG
    LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (13)側面.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 398
  • LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (9)近處正面.JPG
    LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (9)近處正面.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 390

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
DoubleV said:
bill said:
I dont think a scoop would look correct on a salon, but the spoiler is a different story and I would love to have one for my ride someday.

I don't know if that scoop would look good or not, but some do look pretty damn sweet. You can't tell from my little avatar pic, but it looks pretty cool and it looks like it 'should' be there instead of that odd 'tacked on' look some have. Of course it's a FE3X scoop, so it should look right since it was designed specificaly for the Cutlass. It would be cool if there was an aftermarket hood that had the FE3X scoop on it.
You made that hood or did you buy it already made like that? It does look nice....mainly because its a low profile hood scoop...not as pronounced as some of the add on/aftermarket hood scoops that you mentioned.... and, if I had a 442 like yours, it would have to have a nice scoop... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor