hydraulic clutch master install

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadbu

n00b
May 11, 2009
Florence,VT
Hello, i am converting aa automatic trans 79 Malibu to 5 Speed, using a Tremec TKO600, trying to actuate the clutch hydraulicly, cannot find a master cylinder, or a good way to mount one.nobody seems to have any answers on what to buy, location to mount, etc.Help please! i bough the trans kit from Keisler, who has no answers. any help, knowledge, ideas are appreciated!
thanks,
rob

bigbadbu

n00b
May 11, 2009
Florence,VT
A-G body hydraulic clutch install

Hello,

thanks for the link, there is a wealth of info there, which helped me significantly. thanks again.
rob

carbuf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2009
Jacksonville, Fl.
I used the master cylinder from an 88 firebird, along with the pedal assembly from the same car. I switch to the hydraulic slave kit from Howe Racing on the other end, the F-body slave sits too close to the header collectors causing the fluid to boil and get spongy pedal. The Tremec doesn't have the twist in the bellhousing like my third gen F-body set-up, so that shouldn't be an issue.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I used 93-97 F-body hydraulics with a JohnB pedal.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
carbuf said:
I switch to the hydraulic slave kit from Howe Racing on the other end, the F-body slave sits too close to the header collectors causing the fluid to boil and get spongy pedal. The Tremec doesn't have the twist in the bellhousing like my third gen F-body set-up, so that shouldn't be an issue.

we had that problem with the headers with our circle track car so we used one of these...

http://www.streetperformance.com/part/h ... 82870.html

carbuf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2009
Jacksonville, Fl.
pontiacgp said:
carbuf said:
I switch to the hydraulic slave kit from Howe Racing on the other end, the F-body slave sits too close to the header collectors causing the fluid to boil and get spongy pedal. The Tremec doesn't have the twist in the bellhousing like my third gen F-body set-up, so that shouldn't be an issue.

we had that problem with the headers with our circle track car so we used one of these...

http://www.streetperformance.com/part/h ... 82870.html

Thats the same set-up I used.... works awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor