I am building an Elcamino SS using monte parts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
oldtinsmith said:
Man, you guys have been working hard on your El Camino! I installed a Choo Choo nose on my El Camino (avatar). There's a guy on Malibu Racing (abigda) and the same guy is on G-body Central (1983SS454) who did the Monte nose on his El Camino, and it looks awesome (it also has a Muncy 4-speed too). You should check out his ride!

Doug

Welcome to the site!

Oh man i thought i had an original idea but ok now i know how cool it can look done i am also painting the ss stripes on mine but my car is going to be cranberry red with black ss stripes. in the right proportion . i hate seeing crappy racing stripes on cars they got it right in 1970.. :D although i don't know what he used the fiber glass on? he said the filler would crack using that much??? we haven't used any filler in anything but small dents as of yet!

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
Today we welded the front quarter panel extension in all the way. removed the back bumper to weld the back one in and the rest of the one on the other side.we are going to sand the bumper or sand blast it ? depending how the chrome comes off ! we have a Harbour freight sand blaster and some black magnum crystals from Menards. I have to weld some holes shut from an old trailer hitch!! so we are going to paint her up red like the rest of the car.

Attachments

• elscreamo 1 (11).jpg
    elscreamo 1 (11).jpg
    597 KB · Views: 2,722
  • elscreamo 1 (6).jpg
    elscreamo 1 (6).jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 2,722
  • elscreamo 1 (9).jpg
    elscreamo 1 (9).jpg
    921 KB · Views: 2,755

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
1980elcamino said:
cool build. Remindes me how luckey I am to have found a original SS 86 camino rotted into the ground 5 miles from my house. After bugging the guy for a year I got the front end for like $150. Bolted on. Still not completly done but almost there. Good luck with your build. hopefully your front end doesnt have 6 coats of cracked paint like mine did. :cry: took me 6 months to strip.
003-4.jpg

oh yeah check out my choo choo rear end. Matches. like $100 might want to look into them. It litterly took me 10 minuites to put on.
006-2.jpg

Nice car Dude! how did you get the bumper like that? is it custom or fiber glass???

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
We will post the pics from tomorrows work... I hope we get it done before I go back to school!!!!

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
we started to weld the last panel on the car and the rain came from nowhere so we had to stop and rattle can some primer on the bare metal ... We dont want any rust forming .. now we have to sand it all back off again so we can put the good primer on there... :puke:

Attachments

• CIMG0061.jpg
    CIMG0061.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,674
  • CIMG0059.jpg
    CIMG0059.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,706
  • CIMG0069.jpg
    CIMG0069.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 2,712

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
wow thats looking good! i cant wait to relearn how to weld. keep up the good werk.

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
I can't wait to show my Dad and the car club since my dad spent half of the summer with health issues I am glad we got a good start on it.I havent got to go toany meetings this year. NoCoast Cruzziers rock!!!! we have a car club car show in Indianapolis I am going to take Elscreamo there hopefully I will have the SS dash installed by then!!!!

HOT AUGUST NIGHTS CAR AND TRUCK SHOW
SATURDAY AUGUST 27th 4:00-7:30 PM
OLDE SHADELAND SHOPS DINNER AND DELI
3444 North Shadeland Avenue Indianapolis In
register at 4:00 $12 before $15 the day of the show
mail $12 to 3221 Sunset drive Greenfield In, 46140 by aug 20th
ALL THE MONEY GOES TO RILEY HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor