I am building an Elcamino SS using monte parts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
The body work is being done I am so excited!

Attachments

• CIMG0079.jpg
    CIMG0079.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,262

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lookin' good, man. I give you a lot of credit.
Keep postin' pics of your progress and finished paint work. 8)

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
the left side almost perfect ! the painter is working all of the waves out of the metal from years of abuse under all of the layers of paint. step 1...we are using sealer 2... then primer w sanding 3.....then glaze. 4.... then high build primer 5...block sanding 6,i think sealer if needed??? 7 then paint..8..color sanding 9..stripes color sanding ..10 clear 11 wet sanding 12
buffing

Attachments

• CIMG0080.jpg
    CIMG0080.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 1,192
  • CIMG0081.jpg
    CIMG0081.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 1,184
  • CIMG0082.jpg
    CIMG0082.jpg
    792.1 KB · Views: 1,207

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
Here is the other pics of the first primer layer!After grinding the rivets off for the old molding that wont go on the car . Also with the SS stuff on here we wanted to minimize the amount of chrome and black out the rest we have to keep..... The only chrome we are keeping is the bed rail caps for now we want to see what it will look like, it may go black !

Attachments

• CIMG0083.jpg
    CIMG0083.jpg
    915.2 KB · Views: 1,178
  • CIMG0084.jpg
    CIMG0084.jpg
    895.2 KB · Views: 1,205

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
kuruption109 said:
now thats a true ss conversion..GOOD WORK

X2! Can you give us some more pics of the front bro? Its turning out great tho!

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
yeah I can take more front views, all of the times I took photos it was in a confined area but now it is pretty much mobile....hopefully it is painted when I post more pics .. we are leaving town for a few days! I want to get back before the stripes go on there so I can ad the pictures!using original 1970 Chevelle red, it is called 75 Cranberry red----(-GM WA 3975 ) ...... (5118LH Lucite )...(.Rinshed-Mason A-2278F ) ...( or Ditzler 2189 )

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
Re: I am building an Elcamino SS using monte parts ! THE DAS

PAINTING THE DASH WITH SEM VINYL DYE!!!!Next we are going to install the new dash from an 88 Monte ss They only come in gray and some other colors but not black :x SO!!!! we have to paint it black to match my interior...... we chose SEM vinyl and flexible color.. here are the steps as they were explained to me by the guy down the street that does this for a living... first you have to use body prep solvent on it to remove any silicone or Armor all , then you wipe it down with acetone to remove the solvent .. it will air dry very fast .. then you use some slow paint thinner /reducer it will soften the material....next you spray bullydog or bull dog flex additive on there it will make the color coat not scratch off if you scrape the dash with something later on .......Then you spray the thin coat of the SEM color at first it is called the tack coat it is a fine mist from 1 foot away so it is trans parent almost !!!!! when it is dry you can make the second and final coat......He said it is important not to make the coat too thick and only use the two coats or it will fill in the grain of the dash and look like trash!! :puke:
I will post pics of the dash conversion if you want ....
Also we are going to fix the floppy steering column.. and while we are at it put the SS steering wheel on ...
I am sure you know how to do that but we can post that also..
I have done it before but just once so I can't post the steps in order because I just don't remember how I have to ask my dad how to do it he has done a million of them!!!

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
Back to school Wednesday I hope I can drive it there!!!! I need a front windshield now and I am ready to rock and roll !!!for Now!!! and i have no stereo because some one stole it ... the turd was broken anyway!!!i wish they left my face plate tho !
and my belt moldings i am getting those from rockauto.com they are super cheap there .http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php here is a link

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
niice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor