supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
Please guys no matter what your doing
Be it the smallest project or the biggest project
if your working on your car
Wear safety goggles!!!!!

Ive been unable to drive, see straight, work, or do much of anything for 2 weeks because i made the stupid decision to rework my exhaust without wearing safety goggles.

Today i went to the doctor (finally) and they yanked a pretty good sized peice of metal out of my eye
Its all better now but i wouldn't wish the pain ive dealt with for 2 weeks on any human being.

You may look silly wearing em
but just think of how silly you'll look with an eye patch on

Just a friendly reminder

78_oldcruiser

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2010
Seven Springs NC
good advice! always ware them no matter how small the job seems! i always wear mine. 2 months ago i had to work on my car in a parking lot and forgot to bring them with me and well while bleeding the mc brake fluid squirted out and hit me right in the eye. my vision was blurred for 4 days and kept running thick white slim from it everyday. WEAR UR GLASSES!!

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
What are you a commie? Everyone knows that smoking and eye patches make you look cool! :mrgreen:

Glad you're better now though. :wink:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
been there and it's good advise...I hope your eye recovers quickly and completely

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
kornball426 said:
What are you a commie? Everyone knows that smoking and eye patches make you look cool! :mrgreen:

Glad you're better now though. :wink:

lol thats actually funny because i was a pirrate for halloween due to the whole eye patch thing it worked nicely cause nobody knew my eye was ****ed up

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Won't ever wear them when I am doing any work on my car, but usually wear them when using a grinder, drill while under the car, or other power tools. The way I see it is that if I wear them while doing any work on my car, I might as well wear them 24/7 :lol: The odds of having something fly in your eye while turning a ratchet or screwdriver is very unlikely.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Smoking underneath the car isn't a good idea either.

I was helping my uncle install a trans in his Caprice about 10 years ago and he had a cigarette in his mouth under the car. Sure enough, he moved, hit the cherry of his cigarette on the floorboard and it fell right into his nose! OMFG!!!! I've never seen anyone move so quick! He jumped out from under the car snorting like a bull trying to blow that cherry out of his nose!
Seeing that happen was absolutely hysterical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor