I can't be the only one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
I've been daily driving my Cutlass lately now that I live 2min from work. Just about every day or two I get either "Nice Car" or "What year is that?" or "Are you selling that car" at gas stations. I've even been driving an had people yell in a passing cars "sell it!?" I've never owned a car that brought soo much attention, and there isn't anything too special about my car in comparison to some of the rides of the members to these forums.

In the past I've thought about selling it to work on different projects and my girl and I were talking the other day and I feel that "If" I ever sold the car, it would be something I'd regret badly 10-15-30 years from now.
:blah:

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
The first time I took mine out on a date, someone yelled "sell it!" about five minutes from the girl's house.

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
I daily drive my camino and im not lying when I say everyday someone either said, race me, sell it, how much, nice car, give a thumbs up, stuff like that, Im 16 and around here my car is known as the nicest el camino in the county, and theres some 69s and 70s here that are really nice so im kinda proud about that. Ive worked really hard on my car to get it where it is now...... I cant wait to get her back on the road!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
If I get any comments at all it's something like "does your grandma know you stole her car?" But that's probably because they aren't that special around here. We don't have a rust problem here so there is plenty of Gs around - especially Regals and Montes. Hopefully once I get some wheels on it I'll get more attention...or do I really want that? In response to your question; If you think you'll regret selling it in the future -- you probably will.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I got that a lot when it was in driving condition. It's like people are attracted to these cars even though they might not like em. Once a week I'd get a: how much are you sellin it for? or - nice car... or something like - what an old piece of sh*t.

But now I don't hear any of it cuz it's too damn loud without exhaust and the new engine :twisted:

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Do you have a four door? With just good looking wheels & tires and a shine to the paint you will start getting thumbs ups and wanna sell its. fwiw I had a cheap cone style auburn posi once. It did not live long and when it died I could not have it rebuilt. Since then I've had a factory posi and an Eaton and even the factory one is way better. The Eaton is top shelf.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I've got a coupe, but the paint on the side is nice, just needs to be buffed (haven't washed the car in a year). And I'm workin on putting pieces back on the car, the wheel beauty rims have held up so far, chrome on the wheels is still shining good. But it's so obnoxious and without a hood, front springs haven't compressed so it's looking up toward the sky, etc I doubt I'll have any compliments on it at this point :lol:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
dogshit said:
Do you have a four door? With just good looking wheels & tires and a shine to the paint you will start getting thumbs ups and wanna sell its. fwiw I had a cheap cone style auburn posi once. It did not live long and when it died I could not have it rebuilt. Since then I've had a factory posi and an Eaton and even the factory one is way better. The Eaton is top shelf.
I'm not sure if the Auburn sucks or not. Was an OE part from a Camaro. Haven't installed it yet. As for the car - It's REALLY clean. It just looks so stock that it gets no attention. Thinking about Cragar Eliminators or American Racing Saltflats...
007-1.jpg

260-500G.jpg

530a_1.jpg

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
No you want craiger torque thrust D's.

LMAO I forgot to mention in the opening post, last sunday morning I left to get smokes from the gas station and on the way back this guy flagged me down and got me to pull over and when I rolled up to him he's like "yo can I get some weed?" LMAO! I guess its the car but either way I smiled and said sorry bud, dont sell.

In this part of Ohio I guess thats just the Vibe these GBodys put off..... :friday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor