Houston
pontiacgp said:
custom442 said:
pontiacgp said:
custom442 said:
kornball426 said:
DRIVEN said:
:lol: It ain't just Ohio...

Nope... I get guys in MUCH nicer cars give me thumbs up, or waves driving along. I'm always like "are you kidding? I'm driving a faded out 86 regal and you think it's nice? That's so awesome!" especially when it's guys in like spotless first gen Camaro's and stuff. It seems Olds and Buick fans really like it though, there's a guy with a metallic gold 66 Buick Riviera that's SO bad *ss and I see him all the time driving around and since I got my Buick he's been giving me a thumbs up every time we drive past each other. And I drove up to a car show this weekend (didn't enter the show obviously :lol: ), and there was a couple early 70's Cutlasses whose owners said they liked my car and what am I planning on doing with it.

A lot of people like projects and seeing how it comes together more than looking at a perfectly restored car. Around where I live, if I see a nice lookin rebuilt car there's a 99% chance it wasn't the owner who did the work, or any of the work. I think people recognize that and like it better

you think someone likes it better if the owner payed for a restoration?.. I like it better if was done by the guy or gal who owns it and who cares if it's perfect....I much rather see a car get used and abused than to leave it staying pretty...

...read it again, I was agreeing with you

" Around where I live, if I see a nice lookin rebuilt car there's a 99% chance it wasn't the owner who did the work, or any of the work. I think people recognize that and like it better"

I did and I still don't see how that ^^ is agreeing with me....

the word "that" didn't refer to the sentence before it, but the post before it. When you read it like this it sounds like I'm disagreeing... lol why do I need to explain this

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
pontiacgp said:
when i read it like this?.....that's how YOU wrote it so how else am I supposed to read it....you don't need to explain it...you need to figure out what you want to say... :roll:

Jesus christ, are you serious? If you read the topics before I posted you would've known exactly what I was saying, wtf man

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
custom442 said:
pontiacgp said:
when i read it like this?.....that's how YOU wrote it so how else am I supposed to read it....you don't need to explain it...you need to figure out what you want to say... :roll:

Jesus christ, are you serious? If you read the topics before I posted you would've known exactly what I was saying, wtf man
everybody else knew what you meant, and i agree. pontiacgp just likes to argue.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Hey I didn't get it until he explained either.
When using any substitution word, it is to refer to the closest noun/phrase. Technically, that is improper english due to a vague substitution, because "that" could mean more than one thing...

Tat2Chick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2011
Re:

Minion1186 said:
you will regret selling it forever i had a 86 cutlass supreme awhile back and i regret selling it ,it was my first car

Same here, I had an 86 cutty and it was my first gbody, got rid of it because I was pregnant and thought I needed a four door (the doors are so big practically half the backseat hangs out)

I was so depressed after I sold it, now that my son is 5 months old, I got rid of my gmc jimmy, traded it straight up for an 86 regal, happiest day ever. kinda sucks getting the car seat in and out but it's a small price to pay for my gbody love.

A3ayMdq.jpg

Stealth

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2012
Michigan
Around me G's get no respect unless its from another G owner. I have been asked when I am going to put it in the demo derby several times... Maybe it's because I painted it flat black.

dingo84

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
You can't imagine the attention you get with a G here in Norway. Especially the Cutlass, Regal and Monte.
They are not common at all, especially the Cutlass. Its hard to find one for sale, and many are rotted everywhere.
I got mine from a guy who did'nt have high hopes for it, so I got it dirt cheap. "You're basicly payin' only for the engine and transmission" he said.
When I bought it and cruised around my town and showed it off at my regular café, everyone there were amazed by the comfort and the sound :)
No one even mentioned the rust!
Man, these cars are awesome. I can't believe I'm so lucky to posess one. These cars does have a higher value in Norway. I could never afford to buy one in good shape.
But instead I bought a project and restoring it myself. I'm going to keep this Cutlass as long as I live. And many thanks to this forum, its helping alot during this build :)

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
Stealth said:
Around me G's get no respect unless its from another G owner. I have been asked when I am going to put it in the demo derby several times... Maybe it's because I painted it flat black.

I know that feeling, around me these cars are almost hated unless its a Monte SS, my car having a 260ci in it is scrap yard material for all the POS fox body Mustang guys around me, I think those cars can reproduce I have almost a dozen in my little neighborhood alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor