I can't be the only one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I've had so many cars i regret selling, 69 Nova 307 with factory AC, 69 Tempest Custom S convertable, 68 Impala coupe 327, 90 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. The list goes on and on. I'm on my 4th Regal, It's no where near as nice as my 78 Regal was but I'll never let it go. And yeah, I miss the Eagle wagon too! :mrgreen:

normal_Picture036.jpg

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
So many times I would return to my Camino in the parking lot of a hardware store or lumberyard and there would be someone waiting to make me a ridiculous offer. After I had this lettering cut for the rear window, the traffic slowed down considerably. I've had my share of Corvettes and musclecars, but nothing I've ever owned turned heads as well as my Camino.

NotforSaleII.jpg

Bill

Stealth

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2012
Michigan
Fox80 said:
Stealth said:
Around me G's get no respect unless its from another G owner. I have been asked when I am going to put it in the demo derby several times... Maybe it's because I painted it flat black.

I know that feeling, around me these cars are almost hated unless its a Monte SS, my car having a 260ci in it is scrap yard material for all the POS fox body Mustang guys around me, I think those cars can reproduce I have almost a dozen in my little neighborhood alone

Hahaha I also own a fox body.. We aptly named it the "shitstang"

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
billyjack said:
So many times I would return to my Camino in the parking lot of a hardware store or lumberyard and there would be someone waiting to make me a ridiculous offer. After I had this lettering cut for the rear window, the traffic slowed down considerably. I've had my share of Corvettes and musclecars, but nothing I've ever owned turned heads as well as my Camino.

NotforSaleII.jpg

Bill

That's so crazy

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Someday I'll write out the whole story in about buying my Cutlass for $1,000, but short version: after going through a ridiculous ammount of trouble to get ahold of this car, it coming off a trailer and nearly smashing into an undercover cop because of a bad hitch pin, me hiring corrupt mechanics to bail it out of the impound as if they were interested in restoring it and under the false premise that I had already left town, having had a huge ammount of trouble finding a hotel room because a rap concert was in town and getting the LAST ROOM AVAILABLE at the 4th hotel I visited, I'm @ walmart in a hurry to hook up some magnetic lights to the trunk of the car and trying to get the hell out of dodge and who pulls up but the star rapper of the show - and I knew it was him right away too somehow I mean it's the middle of nowhere Arkansas in a small town and who else is going to pull up in a brand new Escalade on 24's bumping 15's and he said as the window came down "I'll give you $2,000 for it - right now, CASH" and I lowered my head and thought about all the bs I just went through over this car for a minute and it was tempting to just double my money and go home for a second but I strengthened my resolve and I was like "Sorry man, I can't do it. If you knew what I had just went through to get this car you would understand why."

Man I wish I knew what rapper that was but to this day I never have figured it out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor